craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

he head portrait of the gingernut/rhodey

That is of my lovely Ex-Batt Babs, bless her, no longer with us. Have her pic framed and in the hall so she still lives on. (I hadn't realised you could see some of my other pics through enlarging my chicken pics :oops: )

All you crocheters out there. How difficult is it to do when your someone that can just about sew on a button? I really like some of your work on this thread and would love to make something simple to start with, like a scarf or a throw or something. Is it easier to get someone to show you or are written instructions simple enough to understand?

he head portrait of the gingernut/rhodey

That is of my lovely Ex-Batt Babs, bless her, no longer with us. Have her pic framed and in the hall so she still lives on. (I hadn't realised you could see some of my other pics through enlarging my chicken pics :oops: )

No secrets on Omlet. Yes I love that one too. :D

All you crocheters out there. How difficult is it to do when your someone that can just about sew on a button? I really like some of your work on this thread and would love to make something simple to start with, like a scarf or a throw or something. Is it easier to get someone to show you or are written instructions simple enough to understand?

crochet is very simple once you get the hang of it, look on you tube for instructional videos that can be the best way to learn but there are a lot of very good instructional books as well, and of course there are quite a few crocheters on here who are willing to help if you run into problems :)

It is ever so easy. Get yourself a copy of the book I recommended in this thread **click** and it will get you on your way. :D

I bought a decopatch kit whilst on my holiday. It's addictive. I covered 2 small photo frames & a tiny gift box with beautiful papers. I wonder what else I could cover? I'm planning a jam jar to cover & make into a pretty vase type holder - then maybe a small table top.

Anyone else tried decopatch ( not decoupage)?

Pics tomorrow night.

Emma.x

Yes - decopatch is tearing up patterned tissue paper or using full sheets & covering an object. It makes it pretty and arty. I like the look. I've seen a giraffe done & a chest of drawers - very Cath Kidston style. You can cover more or less anything. You use a glue which dries clear & makes it waterproof, then if you want you can give it 3 coats of varnish. The papers are beautiful.

Done another photoframe today ( Saturday). I bought from a charity shop for £1. It was a chunky pine, it's now a pink oriental / floral pattern.

I must get those pictures taken tomorrow!

Emma.x

I'm not really that crafty, I've give things ago, I did make a blackout cover for my cube and appliqued some chickens on the front and I do crochet now and a again. This is my latest effort, my mother wanted some bunting for a church fund raiser so thought I'd give it a go

Bunting.jpg

She now wants some more :| I have already made 182 flags and am waiting for some green fabric to arrive to make another 26 flags before I string all 208 of them together

Some gorgeous and inspiring things on this thread :D

Here's a picture of the blanket I finished in August. I chose lots of designs from the Joules spring/summer '10 range and turned it into a knitted form!

146578844.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1283871452&Signature=%2F%2FuMLLxX8%2F%2Bi%2FovniEkec%2BiVWao%3D

Can't see it, just a red cross :(

Here's a picture of the blanket I finished in August. I chose lots of designs from the Joules spring/summer '10 range and turned it into a knitted form!

146578844.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1283871452&Signature=%2F%2FuMLLxX8%2F%2Bi%2FovniEkec%2BiVWao%3D

Oops, forgot that you needed to log onto twitter soon...

146578844.jpg

Oops, forgot that you needed to log onto twitter soon...

146578844.jpg

Looks lovely :D