craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

Poor Piperkit - not sure if she's embarrassed or posing there! :lol:

Well I've finished the advent calendar. A bit of a rush job as I thought I had another night to work on it! :oops: But my children kindly reminded me that they expected it to be fully functional by 6am tomorrow! :roll:

In all its glory (I'm afraid my camera really isn't up to close ups in dim light):

DSCF6778.jpg

It has the tiny gold jingle bells along the bottom and top.

Every little pocket has some kind of embellishment now, some with beads, stars and ribbons sewn on, others just decorated with glitter fabric paint. I really enjoyed doing them, these are my favourites:

Christmas Pud

DSCF6792.jpg

Christmas Tree with teeny gold star on top:

DSCF6788.jpg

Reindeer with a tiny gold jingle bell and gilded antlers:

DSCF6787.jpg

Tree with tiny red beads:

DSCF6784.jpg

It was very fiddly and I don't normally have the patience to do things like this, but I am very pleased with how it's turned out - just hope the boys enjoy it tomorrow! :D

SnowNov2010.jpg

I cobbled together a beanie hat to wear to go out to the hens in this awful weather last night. Did it during the 2 episodes of Coronation Street. :lol: I used the most hideous colour I had in my wool stash, to put the boys off the idea of 'borrowing' it.

Looks a bit pathetic following directly on from Snowy's masterpiece. :oops:

PC020227-1.jpg

PC020226.jpg

A beret and some fingerless gloves for my DD's christmas stocking...also the beret was the first time I've ever blocked anything and it worked well...(although I am wishing I'd knit it a little longer at the back for more drape)...still overall really pleased, and the wool was lovely too...Debby Bliss Cashmerino Aran...very soft and lovely to work with... I also recently knitted a great snood and some funkier fingerless gloves, but took pity on DD when she visited at the weekend and gave them to her early...... all patterns free from Ravelry as already mentioned in my other post.

I'm loving the little christmas trees....think they will be my next project!!

I've just been through the whole thread and I'm very impressed! :clap: I can only knit socks, but would love to learn how to crochet and make one of them granny square blankets. I'm hoping my MIL will teach me over Christmas so that I can get started. :D