craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

Thank you :oops::D I am very pleased with my first effort. I can't take any credit for the selection of fabrics, they came in a kit but I did decide how to place them. It didn't take too long to do, even for a complete beginner (who has now got a walking foot for her sewing machine as she bought a second kit to make a quilt for her YS :oops: ) :lol:

A lovely piece of knitting that - you should enter that into a show. Fancy stitches always win!

I've cut out my 16 squares of fabric all 8 and a half inches square, ready for my first quilt (gulp). It's a picnic blanket out of a book, but I'll have it as a lap quilt or on a chair. If it is good, then I'll make one up as a playmat for my niece! :anxious:

I've also cut out stuff for my inchies (see Lesley's post) & some pieces of fabric for a pin cushion.

Emma.x

Plum - don't expect anything of too high of me, they are only large squares! Can manage to sew those together, but after that I might get a bit stuck. Putting the edges, wadding & backing fabric together will be a challenge. Not to mention the quilting. I now know what ' in the ditch quilting' is. Ooo get me! :lol:

No really I am a total novice at this! :oops:

I like buying & messing with fabrics, but my fabrics usually just end up as Mors bags. Time I did something a bit more creative with them. I've chose some Clothkits fabric that is bright blue with little flowers & dragonflies on. Then some hot pink with tiny white polkadots on. Where do you get your kiddie fabrics from Plum? My nephew might like a little quilt with Thomas or pirates on.

Emma.x

A lovely piece of knitting that - you should enter that into a show. Fancy stitches always win!

Thank you :D I don't think the sewing up would be to the standard required. I have seen some really nice items at the local show so think I will just stick to the baking for that (not that I won anything last year :lol:)

I would love to try the quilting too. I noticed there is a day course at a local college and wondered if I should go. It makes it so much easier if you can see things being done rather than trying to puzzle it out from a book. Although the internet is great for clips now :D

Sewed my squares together for the quilt. Now got to sew the strips of squares together to make the quilt shape. That is after I've pressed the seams like a good girl. My 27 year old Singer machine, still going strong.

Will sew the strips tomorrow now - as snuggling up by the fire for the night soon.

Emma.x