craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

Love the blanket, hope I may be able to do something like that one day :D

Sam - I used that pattern at least 25 years ago when Icelandic jumpers were "in". You knit it on circular needles, so very little sewing up at the end :D It seems to have become fashionable again as when I finished it YS said he would like to wear it :shock: (he does like bright colours :lol:)

Love the birds they are so pretty Lolalayla and the felting is amazing thats on my learn to do list for this year.

That baby blanket is gawguss is the pattern from raverly Egluntyne because I have a similar pattern in very bright orange and pink colours and was wondering what it would look like in baby colours.

I make Summer stuff in Winter & Winter stuff in Summer, that way they get finished in time! :lol:

Love the needle felting. I'm not sure on how to do 3D objects yet?

Loving the baby blanket Egluntyne. I'm a crochetholic, so that book will be appearing here soon! :oops:

Patchwork is wonderful, something I'm not good at, so always admire people who can do it! I once had the most gorgeous chicken cushion from a crafty swap, love it so much - as I wouldn't know where to start!

Emma.x

Love the needle felting. I'm not sure on how to do 3D objects yet?

I managed to get the hang of it from the kit but it did not have 'sculpted' bits e.g. haunches. If you look online it will show you how to roll up the wool into the shape you want and needle it until it is firm. For the legs I rolled the wool round a thin stick to get it quite tight to start off with before needling. To get the haunches I curled a 'snail' shape at the end of a long rolled section and then needled it on the the main body. You can always layer more wool on top to get a smoother surface. The ears probably took the longest to do as I mixed two colours and had to shape them to be the same. It took between 4-5 hours to make the dog. I only used one needle though and would love to get the Clover needle tool. I hope to get one at the craft fair :D

Wow! I haven't been on this thread for a while, you are all makings such beautiful things, Well Done all :clap:

I've made a few different bits & pieces lately:

Some easy peasy baby burp cloths

494.jpg

An apron for a little girl who comes to stay with us now and then

496.jpg

A couple of bags (Amy Butler Cosmo design) for christmas pressies - but only got a photo of one, the other one was finished at midnight on Christmas Eve and I didn't get time to take a pic of it :roll:

505.jpg

More little christmas pressies - journal covers

506.jpg

from this tutorial:

http://bloomandblossom.blogspot.com/2009/02/journal-cover-tutorial.html

I've just started something for me now:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Farmers-Wife-Sampler-Quilt-Inspired/dp/0896898288/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326058099&sr=8-1

This is gonna be a long term project - I've done the first four blocks only 107 left to do! :lol:

Wow Sally you are so productive and accomplished. Your makes are lovely. :D

Shall be interested to see your version of the Farmers Wife Quilt. A while ago everyone was making Dear Jane quilts and they were so different depending on the fabrics used, some were authentic, some batik etc., I only got to make about 4 blocks. :D

I have made a travel case for my Kindle

100_4723.jpg

100_4727.jpg

100_4728.jpg

I crocheted it in half treble stitch on a 5.5mm hook in a chunky wool mix. Its a lightweight yarn, and the colour is more a kingfisher petrol greenyblue which I can never get a decent photo of.

I have also been reupholstering (before Christmas) a couple of armchairs for my parents. And a footstool

Pics are here http://s470.photobucket.com/albums/rr65/bluekarin/Crafty%20Business/ on page 2 if you want to take a look :D

It used to be before I had the kids. But it hurts my back to do too much. I used to reupholster 3 piece suits, chaise longes, dining chairs, button back grandfather and grandmother chairs. You name it, I've probably re-covered it :lol: I do enjoy doing little bits and pieces now though. I was a bit nervous when I started to strip the chairs but I guess it's like riding a bike - you never forget :D

Wow, I am in awe of the things you are all making! I have a New Year Resolution to be more "creative" and so far I've done some loom knitting (starting with a scarf) that's a bit pathetic really, but I can't/don't have the patience to knit "properly" so look knitting is pretty good for me; I've made up a tiny little mosaic kit that I had for Christmas, which was very relaxing and I've just made some lip balm, that was definitely fun!!!