craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

Snowy, your idea for a quilt is great :D

I'm still (yes, still...) knitting my hitchhiker scarf :lol:

But I gave a fleece blanket I made away to my friends little boy the other day :D , do you remember the tied fleece blankets we saw a few years ago? 2 fleeces, cut into fringing round the outside and each bit of fringe knotted :D little boy adores it :D

Cathy

X

I'm making some felt landscapes of Anglesey from photos....I've made a base prefelt with sludgy greenfor the bottom half and white/blue for the sky and then needle felted on top.

This one is a WIP but will probably change into a UFO :? - I'm not happy with it....I think the 'sheep' are not in scale and need to move to the nearer field :think:

DSCF2231.jpg

DSCF2233.jpg

Oh, thank you :shock::oops: - perhaps it will grow on me!

I have moved the sheep to the foreground as they're only little nepps and are lightly felted on - I might move them back.

Plum, it's been very easy to do, once I'd made the square of prefelt I used a 36 (I think) needle and some very fine fibres pulled from Merino tops to do the arty bits.The purple on the right is some mulberry silk fibres. I think I took a photo of the prefelt if you want me to post it?

I've also been making some tiny felt and beaded cupcakes to add to Inchies for birthday cards - I'll take a photo tomorrow.

Sorry Plum, I didn't take a photo of the landscape in the prefelt stage - I am going to make some more and could take photos of the stages if you'd like?

These are the little cupcakes, they will be felted onto an Inchie square and used for birthday cards or gift tags. When I felt them onto a square I will make the cupcake case a little larger with extra fibres.

DSCF2236.jpg

This is one I made for the swap but it was too big to be an Inchie so I made it into a card, it just needs some beaded sprinkles.

DSCF2223.jpg

Oooh! I love that as a painting so I shall look forward to seeing what you do!

The cupcakes were fuzzy blobs for a while as they're so small - I needle felted them togather first and then wet felted them a little to get rid of the fuzziness.

Christian, that is gorgeous! I'm inspired...New grandchild due in September and the shawl I set out to knit - in 2ply- has been unpicked so many times it is now grey. Methinks a quilt may be more achievable. DS may also understand a quilt better. When told I was knitting a shawl, he said "What do you use one of those for?". The boy has a steep learning curve!