craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

Finally finished my swag bag(follow along video on you tube by OVW) found this lovley spring like yellow and lined it as well (by hand)Love these little handles shame local habedashiory (sorry cant spell) didnt have any more in would of bought all of them.Dont know whos having this one yet maybe keep it as a crochet/knitting bag??

fatbottombag001.jpg

I had a lovely morning yesterday at a jewellery workshop with my Mum. We each made 2 pairs of earrings, a necklace and a (half finished!) tiara.

7026878367_8afea9785c_z.jpg

It was great fun, all the materials were included, we had tea and biscuits and the 3 hours flew by. Even though I promised myself I was not going to start a new craft as my new sewing machine and quilting fabric still haven't been unpacked I came away with all the equipment and lots of beads! :doh: Guess what family and friends will be getting for birthdays/christmas from now on? :lol:

That's impressive Plum - very good 8)

I'm in awe of anyone who can knit properly - I could do all the other skills when I was younger but knitting always eluded me :oops: my mother was a brilliant knitter until she got arthritis in her hands; she has knitted me some lovely Kaffe Fassett designs and traditional Arans too.

I've finally got around to posting some photos of said cardigan - a real masterpiece...

20120324-cardi1.jpg?w=640

20120324-cardi3.jpg?w=640

20120324-cardi4.jpg?w=640

20120324-cardi5.jpg?w=640

I wear it a lot and am always very careful not to damage it.

Ages since I knitted a garment, well since the boys were old enough to say ' stop it no more' :roll: I thought they looked lovely in aran jumpers.

Beautiful DM, wonderful patterns. 8) You'd really have to concentrate making that but how rewarding it must have been for her seeing those patterns emerging. Lovely

Finished my skirt guard for my bike but far too cold to fit it onto bike, so tomorrow i will see what i can do and get some pics , it looks snazzy .

Looking forward to riding my bike out on the next nice day. It has been too cold today.

But it is similar to one on simeli .... 28" wheel , dutch bike. ( pattern came from etsy )

Well you'd all laugh at my amateur crafting exploits today :lol:

Finished the sleeves for my jumper and then turned rabbit in the headlights when I realised I didn't have the first clue how to sew it all together. I just could not work out how the sleeves went in :lol:

Quick call to my crafting genius MIL and I went down for a lesson :lol:

She was impressed with my knitting 8)

She showed me with one side how to assemble (made it look so simple :x ) and then I did the other side :P

I am cheating now though, as I have left it with her to tidy up the neckline :oops: I think she's going to crochet to tidy up :D

Have tried it on and it fits perfectly :dance:

Photo will follow after my MIL has done her bit :wink:

I've been practising sewing a straight seam on my sewing machine by making non paper towels :D

Not sure if the family will bother using them but I am quite proud of them :D and they are sitting ready and waiting in a basket on the kitchen dresser.

Are they squares of fabric or something different?

Had great fun at the workshop with my quilt group yesterday playing with bondaweb, fabric bits and making a mess. Learnt loads about not following rules and colour, balance, making your eyes move round quilts etc.,

Anyway this is what I produced.

DSCF6580.jpg

It needs a load of embellishing by hand and machine and I'll post it when I finish it.

Are they squares of fabric or something different?

Yes they are. Two 10 inch square pieces of fabric sewn right sides together, turned right side out and top stitched. Very basic but that is fine by me as a machine sewing novice.

We use kitchen roll to wipe sticky hands and mouths at meal times. I want to stop buying kitchen roll so found the non paper towels tutorial on another forum. Plan to make something similar for moping up spills etc.