craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

just a few more rows on the knitted cushion cover, a few more rags in the rag rug and a few more hexagons in the patchwork ... let's not mention the Aran jumper which will soon be old enough to start school, and the eight identical Christmas projects which I have cut out but not done anything more to. I'm ignoring several embroidery kits which are tucked away in my sewing box with rusty needles in them! But those squares would be so easy, and so rewarding ... *puts hands over ears and runs away squealing*

I saw this idea on Wartime Farm this week and started sewing up small 'pockets' yesterday. It's going to be such a cosy quilt!

304035_438070432905722_2059616420_n.jpg

Are you using feathers Christian?.....love the warmth of feathers, and loads available from moulting chookles, but am thinking washing would be a pain, I just know my furballs would want to snuggle up with me & my quilt :anxious:

Yes Emma, I make the squares (just a rectangle, right sides together, sew up the long edges. Turn right side round, hand sew up the top and you have a square pillow), I then sew two together, then 4 etc etc. Seam at the back. It is lovely (or will be when finished)!!

I'm making Lauren's with polyester stuffing (old cushion) so that it's washable as well. I'm going to slip stitch the squares together so there won't be a seam on the back and I'm adding fleece fabric to make a larger comforter with the quilted part in the middle.....it won't be finished until January but I'll post a photo when it's done.....

So far, I've looked at my stash of fabric........ :roll: