craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

Regardless of the reaction here, if one or more members complain about a thread, then the mods have to look into it. It was decided that rules had been broken, so out of fairness to all members, this thread has been edited.

All members are free to post pictures of things they make, by all means, but if those items are then for sale in their signatures, then the advertising rule has been broken. Sorry if you feel that this has been heavy handed, but sometimes we (mods) have to do things that need doing.

I make and sell lots of things for craft fairs, but don't post them on here or have a link in my signature....

I agree with Plum & others. It is unfair of Omlet. We all have our own minds & if we don't want to purchase, then we just ignore any advertising. We are not daft. Very often though, we are inspired & get ideas from other peoples makes & displays of their produce. By seeing things displayed properly, it encourages all of us to have a go at crafts we might never have thought about trying before.

I'm also with Plum in the fact that a forum member has been so sweet about showing us how to do certain crafts & was even going to put up step by step tutorials for us all to follow & ' have a go'.

I thought Omlet was a happy family friendly community, but some of the spirit & fun seems to be lacking these days. :(

Yes such a shame Omlet.

Emma.x

As it was my photos that were removed I'd just like to say that while I do have a link to a website none of the items in my photos are on that website - I haven't updated my website since last year and don't actually use it. I was mindful of the advertising rules when posting the photos, as an ex-mod I do know the rules!.

Short of offering to bus everyone over to the craft fair I was at yesterday - which I also didn't detail in my post - then I was hardly advertising what I had for sale?

So be it - as we have had many chats on here about the craft of felting then I thought I would show what I had been making and I'm sorry one or more people saw fit to complain.

There are other craft forums where I am allowed to post photos and it's not seen as advertising - also constructive criticism is always useful, you'll know where to find me :)

Thank you all for your support.

Ok, just for the record, I don't believe that I have posted any pictures of the things i sell. Not saying I am whiter than white, but have to try and be good as am a mod (even though I find it hard sometimes :wink: )

This isn't Lesley bashing! Omlet make the rules and state the no advertising rule to protect members. Not our rules.

It is lovely seeing what everyone is making, I read this thread all the time and would love to post more pictures of the things i make (and sell) but can't.... :(

I just came on here to post the reasons that the thread was edited. Not for a telling off :lol::lol: Will remain quiet in future (like that will ever happen) :wink:

YIKES!!

It does seem all very 'big brother'. I would like to add my thanks to Lesley who has taught me how to felt - virtually!! I loved doing it and I understand that my swappee was pleased with the gift.

Perhaps we all have to head over to Fb and share ideas there instead..... :whistle::whistle:

I have really enjoyed gaining inspiration from this thread and the Crafty Fingers section in general. All a bit unnecessary and childish really and also a heavy-handed response.

I have just caught up with all of this and I really hope it does not put anyone off of entering the Christmas Swap :shock:

I have been pulled up in the past for something I asked and never dreamed that it could have been seen as advertising. I felt awful and feel desperately for Lesley.

I appreciate that we have to have rules.

Can we move on now and bring back the happy crafty feel that this section has always had. I always come straight here when I log on and love seeing how diverse and talented chicken people are. We are a lovely bunch of people and lets not forget that :dance:

Have been inspired by you all to work harder at crafty things. I'm knitting some Christmas ornaments. I made a couple of owls with hats, a Christmas tree decoration and am making some Nordic style bunting for the fireplace. I've bought some circular needles and a book for knitting socks from the toe up. That avoids the 'dreaded Kitchener stitch'. I don't know what that is but if it's dreaded then I know I won't be able to do it. I think it's going to take some patience.