craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

I didn't make these cushions myself - they were a present from my niece, she made up the design herself. She's only owned a sewing machine for a year, and is not an experienced sewer although she does have a graphic design degree - I was very impressed! This photo doesn't really do them justice, they are beautifully finished and I was thrilled with them.

chickencushions_zps3b5bb577-1_zps8243313b.jpg

I started crocheting again today and made a crocheted snowflake (from crochet geek clip). I mentioned to OH that I could perhaps make some and use them in some sort of Christmas bunting. He reckons I am a bit late in starting this. However knowing how slow I can be maybe I could start now for next year :oops:

I made a little owl the other evening, my Aunty bought me a kit for Christmas. She said she bought it from a little stall that was selling buttons, can't remember where she said she was though

8366574747_d2ce1aac61_m.jpg

Before Christmas I had a go at crocheting some snowflakes using a tutorial by Attic 24. They came out well and looked lovely on the tree.

8366574705_b1abae8334_m.jpg

I also made some little wooly decorations, I got the idea from some I saw in a garden centre. They also looked lovely on the tree, but only one survived to see the New Year. My youngest kept taking them off the tree and they all unravelled :roll:

8367641288_9cb5b3c46e_m.jpg

I'm busy finishing off my latch hook cushion kit, then it's on to my cross stitch - with a bit of crochet in between doing that - as it's a very busy kit.

I'm wanting to make up some hearts & flowers for some Springtime bunting or to put on some twisted willow twigs in a vase.

They will be quick & easy to do at night or when I have a spare 10 minutes.

Emma.x

Lovely. I have made those snowflakes as well. If you want to, you can pin them out and spray with starch and then let them dry (still pinned). Makes the pattern and shape more defined. Loved the wrapped hearts :D

I did after I took the photo. I was pondering what to pin them to, used the ironing board in the end. Youngest was a bit obsessed with those too & kept taking them off tree, found them under the rug a couple of times :roll:

Spray starch sounds like a better idea than the watered down pva glue that I was going to try :) I am now crocheting birds from the Attic24 site and was busy crocheting wings on the train today when I suddenly thought that maybe my scissors and crochet hook could be seen as offensive weapons :shock::lol: Maybe I have a too vivid imagination :?

crocheting wings on the train today when I suddenly thought that maybe my scissors and crochet hook could be seen as offensive weapons :shock::lol: Maybe I have a too vivid imagination :?

I was thinking along the same lines today! I was wondering if I'd be allowed to take a crochet hook in my hand luggage on a plane?

We have too many birthdays in January so I've been making a few items to help out......

Money Boxes - felt covered card tubes - the sort with a rubbery lid..... these were celery salt...

DSCF2933_zps385bc316-1.jpg

I used one of the Inchies I'd made to finish a card and it detaches to be used on a pendant blank necklace....

DSCF2934_zpsbb540b49.jpg

DSCF2927_zpse1f1cb91.jpg

Little tins of honey and beeswax lipbalm - I've used decorative paper and Diamond Glaze on the lids (need some practise! :? )

DSCF2931_zps6c036cf0-1-1.jpg

Soft felt, fingerless gloves for my daughter...

DSCF2937_zpsfab84a0f.jpg

DSCF2940_zpsa4cfbad9.jpg

Edited by Guest

You are allowed a crochet hook and knitting needles on flights....

LOL thanks Christian. I don't think I'd risk it. You can't argue with airport security and different countries seem to apply their own rules. I believe scissors with a short blade are allowed, but I have had scissors taken from me on two separate occasions at Bangkok. One of them it was a pair of children's craft scissors!