craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

Wow - love the bling cushion - something like that costs quite a bit from Next - so she's saved a few quid there!

Lesley, Lauren could have put laces in the back of the corset. Then well, one size fits all! :wink: Complete with tutu, pink wellies & maybe some stripy tights. Grandma Emo look! 8)

Emma.x

Ok, since you ask! Just finished this jumper for my niece. She found the pattern on Ravelry and posted it on Facebook with 'I wish I could knit', she doesn't know I've made it so I hope she likes it (and I hope it fits!) The owls are all meant to have buttons for eyes, but I am wondering if she'd prefer it with just a few random ones - I will sew some more on and then send her the rest of the buttons to finish it if she wants. It's all done on circular needles, and was a really easy and quick knit.

ba8f225c-3ddd-4fb7-8561-a56492ccc216_zps820e12c4.jpg

Ok, since you ask! Just finished this jumper for my niece. She found the pattern on Ravelry and posted it on Facebook with 'I wish I could knit', she doesn't know I've made it so I hope she likes it (and I hope it fits!) The owls are all meant to have buttons for eyes, but I am wondering if she'd prefer it with just a few random ones - I will sew some more on and then send her the rest of the buttons to finish it if she wants. It's all done on circular needles and was a really easy and quick knit

I love the one owl with eyes. Have to laugh at the "easy and quick knit"! It's all relative I guess, for me not so quick! To put this in perspective, I still haven't finished the scarf I started months ago!

I love the owl with eyes as well.

I have just "inherited" some UFOs from an elderly lady who died a while back. Her husband didn't want to throw them away, so he gave them to the president of our WI to dispose of - I was round at her house at the weekend and she asked me if I would like any of them. I chose a beautiful embroidery (complete with frame and stitch book) and a colourful tapestry - both of which will make lovely cushion fronts. Both are about 75% complete. I also picked up a cross stitch which is about 90% finished. It's not to my taste, but it seemed a shame to leave it.

I think this takes my number of UFOs well into double figures, and now I imagine my poor DH with a pile of my work to get rid of when I am gone. Hopefully that won't be for many years yet :pray: and perhaps when I finally retire I may start to make some headway.

I finally finished this quilt, it's made from 925 two and a half inch squares in the main body. The fabric for the top and the backing are all fabric left over from other projects, the thread including the thread for quilting was also leftovers. The only thing I had to buy was the wadding.

image.jpg

I based it on a pattern in a book - Stash busters I think it's called. The pattern had a border which I opted not to do (apart from the fact that all the big bits of fabric had been sewn together for the backing fabric) The binding in the book was just one fabric not as I did which was more two and a half inch squares sewn together.

Plum,

Every time i finished a project I cut the smaller leftovers into two and a half inch squares and the bigger bits were tidied up. Eventually I had enough squares to start sewing the strips up. It's taken a few years to get to this stage. LMW has claimed it as her own as a memory quilt of quilts I have made over the years.

Smashing, I used to make boxes and had a lot of novelty fabric bits. I made a log cabin quilt of them that my YS stole :roll: but it's lovely to see all those fabrics again when I visit him. He also has the quilt he designed and I made for him and my ES quilt. What does he want so many for? I have a vision of him and his mates wrapped up watching tv in winter :lol:

My s"Ooops, word censored!"s now are folded and placed in baskets colour coded, look very pretty and looks like I have loads of fabric but a lot is less than a 6in square, very useful for picture quilts.