craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

Just catching up on this.... As a keen, but VERY basic and simple knitter, I am in awe of the Owl jumper and also the little toy by Little MissWebMuppett :shock: I haven't got anywhere near the skills to do these :clap:

I can through together a simple jumper or cardy if it is the most basic pattern ever (ie, not mixing knitting and purling much in a row!!) but as for following any kind of complex pattern.... No chance :lol:

So Olly, did your niece like the jumper?

Yes, she loved it! Or so she says :lol: - she has to keep on the right side of me. She has sewn on some more buttons for 'eyes' although I don't think she did all of them. Honestly it was not difficult - most of it was stocking stitch!

I have quite a few 'makes' to add on here, I've been very busy lately - too busy to upload the photos!

Have made a bit of crochet square trim..Attic24 style. I haven't got a coat that needs up cycling at the mo, so I might put it on a bag or along the edge of a hand towel. A bit of whackyness never harmed anyone! Waiting for my book to come, so I can knit some pixies & fairies - as I've got itchy crafty fingers now the Xmas swap is done.

Emma.x

Hubby bought me a knitting book for Christmas but has given it to me early as I was bemoaning the fact I can't do anything complex :lol:

I've finished a cardy today, just need to sew it up but I need light and quiet for that :wink:

So I've started an Aran jumper tonight, using my craft light whilst watching National Lampoons Christmas Vacation :lol:

Its a tried and tested pattern, but I'm thinking of trying a single 6 stitch cable in the front :anxious: Nothing ventured, nothing gained and I just happened to be passing hobby craft today to buy cable needles :whistle:

I'd be chuffed to bits if I could pull it off!

When I make up the cardy I'll post a few pics!

SpaceChick, if you can cable then you could make the owl jumper, that's all it was! Top tip if you're new to cabling, when you've slipped the stitches on to the cable needle, dig one end of it into the bit you've already knitted, to stop them sliding off the needle. Please show us the cardy when it's done!

Here's one of my Christmas makes - commissioned by my friend for her son, after I made a stocking with her name on last year. The Santa (actually knitted by my kind sister as I ran out of time) is from a Jean Greenhow book.

94b6affb-1ea9-4fb0-ac3e-5bb23adc26c6_zps2bc3022c.jpg

Top tip if you're new to cabling, when you've slipped the stitches on to the cable needle, dig one end of it into the bit you've already knitted, to stop them sliding off the needle. Please show us the cardy when it's done!

That's a brilliant tip, thanks Olly :D

I spent my lunchbreak today trying a cable tester, it worked a treat, but I was worried about the stitches falling off, now you've solved my problem :dance:

Will post up a picture of the cardy.... and then the Aran jumper with a cable feature once that's done!

Its that time of year where there is nothing like being sat infront of a coal fire and knitting in the evening :D

Yes I actually enjoy dark guilt free evenings for quilting and creating.

I can't remember if I told you about it but I've been taking part in a challenge that started a year ago last October. It's Chinese Whispers and culminates at the quilt show in Loch Lomond next May. There's a chain of 10 of us in scotland Ireland Canada states and uk. the first makes a quilt from a photo and posts it on the next person who makes a quilt from that one but can't see the photo and sends it on. No discussing the quilt and you only see the one sent to you. It's finally with me ,ninth in line. I can't show you yet but will share after my trip to Loch Lomond.

I'm longing to see the photo and all the quilts leading up to this one and meet some of the others. I'm used to meeting random online friends after belonging to Omlet though there's loads more that I'd love to. :D

Thanks Plum :D

I do like to wear what I knit! Being a hugely practical person, that's what it's all about to me!

I'm quite excited about the cable front Aran jumper I'm knitting (although I'm still on the back :wink: )

I wore a hand knitted jumper to work the other day, one I'm not completely happy with, but I was getting compliments all day on it :dance:

I'm slowly improving with my knitting, but I'm such a perfectionist the only thing I have made that I am completely happy with is a scarf with handwarming pockets I made for my sister :oops:

That cardigan looks fabulous - I've never knitted anything for myself, strange as that may sound - it's always stuff for other people. Must make you feel really proud when people compliment you on it!

Funny enough, I wore the jumper shown in the pic below to work today and 3 people asked me where I'd got it as they really liked it :dance: I had to tell them all that it was a one off Debs original :P

2013-12-0815-52-09_zps8889696a.jpg

It was just a cheapy double knit wool from eBay :P I liked it as it had a mix of colours :D

Paula (I'm guessing its Paula not Jim, but feel free to correct my horrendous gender stereotype... We'll my Dad taught me to knit, so I should know better :lol: ) make sure you post a picture when you are done :D

I can't get on with crocheting but love knitting :D

Yes, it's usually me-Paula who posts on this forum. My mum can knit (and read a book and watch the telly at the same time!) but I just can't make it flow comfortably and it's always a struggle whenever I try.

This jumper is my first 'try to make gauge' item. Hats and scarves and wristwarmers can be made to fit or don't need it, and the other 'torso' pieces were made in a net style so have enough give.

P

Have spent my morning finishing off my jumper and I must say I am delighted with it :clapping:

Close up of the cabling and the jumper itself (excuse me looking rubbish!)

00E60ACF-C939-4D76-8D3C-00A7B8499B20_zpsrgsjsixg.jpg

64AC1673-4447-4F4F-9E2A-F7B2D299A3B1_zpsjn308vo7.jpg

Now to continue with the jumper I started a day or two ago (I didn't want to finish my Aran jumper until I had full daylight to focus on it)