craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

I've been trying to upload the darned photos - new laptop and it showed up yet another way to import the pics - and then I can't find where it went! Every time I seem to do something different. I know the toshy Toshiba was exactly that but importing pics was an absolute doddle!

I think I can find an old photo though of the stash! Which has increased somewhat! Heh heh heh. :whistle:

Well that was the idea until the craft table with the super duper cutting mat was pushed in front and blocks off the doors, the Quiltmaster Janome in it's sewing table is stuck in the corner of the room and unable to be removed all because the boy is home with us (2 months tops he said 7 months ago) and has the guest bed opened up full and his 2 TV's in front of any access. I had to crawl under and lie on my side to get this lot! :roll: ARGHHH I'M SO FRUSTRATED!!! But a tad better now I can play with my tools. Muz is rather pleased that the Quiltcut thing is doing exactly what I wanted it to do and so quickly. Just don't mess with me while I have a rotary cutter matey! Have sharp wheelie thingy in hand and I'm away! :lol:

Oh and the boy's t-shirts and undies are now on my table with an assortment of videos and CD's and oh well meh! :boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

I asked him about plan B - he announced there is no plan B because he is going to wait for his friend. Hmmm. I hope he isn't going to wait until said friend is drawing a pension!!!

We may move before then though!

Cathedral quilt is slow process but it is now slightly larger than a place mat!

Mention all you like that's when I retire :dance:

How are you making the bunting :D

Sorry for not replying. I seem to have been more busy on the 'chicken' thread. What a lot I have missed here! Amazing work. All that super knitting and quilting :) And V's material stash is so wonderful I had palpitations :lol:

I have just completed day one of a two day beginners' quilting workshop and am really enjoying it. I am not brill with calculations so am really slow cutting out incase I make a mistake.

Back to the bunting Plum-I just have a triangle as a template, cut two pieces. Sew them together inside out. Making sure I trim the pointy bit well before turning out so you can get a nice sharp look. Some I have joined with bias and others with ribbon. I have used bondaweb and cut out J,O,Y and ironed it on to individual triangles. We have now made some at the group and it seemed to go well. Some of the ladies did wonder if it would sell, as what would you do with it. Asking someone who has a string of crocheted birds strung across the conservatory and is planning a dog dancing routine( another story) while trying to introduce my new girls Francesca and Captain Beaky to Layla (and working a bit :lol: ) is probably asking the wrong person :lol:

Love it Christian, fun fabrics now you can acquire some more :D I know it doesn't make much of a hole.

LolaLayla dancing dogs what's that about?

I've just got back from Loch Lomond quilt show, left at 4.30 am. When I've had a sleep I'll show you the quilts in our series. Can someone tell me if I've told you about ChineseWhispers so I don't bore you to death :D

LolaLayla dancing dogs what's that about?

I've just got back from Loch Lomond quilt show, left at 4.30 am. When I've had a sleep I'll show you the quilts in our series. Can someone tell me if I've told you about ChineseWhispers so I don't bore you to death :D

Nothing to do with crafts. When I got my dog 2 years ago I did not think I would take up Freestyle Heelwork to Music which I have :shock: I have a routine that I have been working on and spend a lot of time prancing about out of breath. The most bonkers part is that you have to practise and iron out problems without the dog. So I have been skipping and leaping about our empty church hall shouting all the commands. I just hope no one looks in the window while I am there :pray: I would be certified :lol:

Wow what an early start. I should have gone for inspiration as it wouldn't have taken a very long time to get there. Cannot remember hearing about ChineseWhispers.

You would see our weather is not as good as I hear England is getting :(

It is a lovely quilt and I love the fabrics.

Oh and I always have problems with calculating what I need so I just say right a yard of this and a yard of that and perhaps 2 of this and well maybe 4 or 5 yards would be good of the neutrals. And in that way I have lots of bits left over for perhaps a s"Ooops, word censored!"py log cabin - and only a few fat quarters are needed for a trip around the world quilt. Of course I have yet to get that far! Madonna really didn't mean me when she wrote Material Girl, but hey ho fabricaholic is me!

I had sorted s"Ooops, word censored!"s and strips into my different baskets. Amazing how many accumulate. One of my favourite books is about making a quilt studio and their organising tips are terrific so I put a lot of that into practice.

At the moment my cathedral windows is just about baby sized. Am getting there.

Thanks Was easy I ironed freezer paper (available from Dunelm) onto fabric and trimmed to A4 size. Then set it to print at best quality and peeled the paper off after printing. Iron afterwards to set the ink with a dry iron.

You can buy ready prepared fabric for printing but I just used calico.

Looking good. I thought I'd posted my postage stamp of a quilt but apparently not. This is the back - 3 different neutrals so a patchwork backing!

Hmm it seems that you canna see it so I hope the links work!

p><p><a href=20140428_171845_zps3b037528.jpg' alt='20

Then on the floor:

20140428_171912_zps889ad5d7.jpg

But if you hold it up to the light it takes on a different kind of glow through!

20140428_171936_zpsf80606d7.jpg

Edited by Guest