craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

I'm currently knitting with the most gorgeous wool ever :D

Sublime extra fine merino, it was a birthday present from my MIL (in January) I just hope I can make a jumper that does it justice :anxious:

When you are knitting with £40 worth of wool, you really feel the pressure :lol:

I won't even knit with it if I've had a glass of wine :oops:

Of course, if it works, it'll be a gorgeous garment.... But I reckon, as a rule, I prefer my bargain wools from eBay and purple linda sales :wink:

It's finished.... It's a bit on the short side, but with high waisted trousers it'll be fine.

Although it has confirmed that I feel far more relaxed knitting with cheaper wool :oops:

I've already cast on an Aran V neck jumper which will be stripey! The wool was far more reasonable :lol:

I'm just amazed how fast you knit space chick. I must be the worlds slowest knitter :oops:

My mother taught me to knit when I about five and I have been using the same method of holding the knitting needles with the yarn in the right hand ever since. I was wondering whether to try and learn the continental method where the yarn is held in the left hand. The old brain will definately need reprogramming as it wont come naturally. What methods do you all use to knit. Do you think its worth the effort to try and change.

Wow fabulous design, all that fancy stitching. Nice colour as well. I've not seen detail on the sleeves before lovely :D

Blackrocksrock great quilt, I think your cat's going to like it :D Is the pattern rail fence?

Very good handiwork everyone. Haven't done anything for ages. Can't get to my stuff as number one son is home - for a couple of months and now it's turned into 6 months and no likelihood of him moving out yet either. I'm getting frustrated and got withdrawal symptoms. Just as well attention is focused on the garden and the house revamping. :boohoo: