craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

I was thinking about the original cardy challenge.... That was nearly 2 years ago now :shock:

Is it really that long ago :shock:

No wonder I had to delve deep into the wardrobe to find it.

I am on the second sleeve :D

Yes another one would be good, if we do another one I will try to do it a bit quicker :wink:

Chrissie

It's not until May but I have just booked myself onto a sock yarn dyeing workshop at my local knitting shop. I am very excited. I want to have a go at dyeing, especially as I have started to spin my own yarn, and also want to try making socks, so it kills two birds. The workshop is the day after our wedding anniversary, so I have told DH it can be his present to me :D

Recently I have been knitting a clock! I have the face complete, just need to finish it off. It is for my lady-shed (summerhouse is too grand a name, I think) where I am planning/hoping to spend time crafting, reading and relaxing when the weather warms up. I've also knitted a couple of cushion covers for it, though the cats have laid claim to those. Will post pics when I eventually finish the clock.

I have been thinking of crocheting a clock! Got a book for my birthday which has a cuckoo clock in it :D Look forward to seeing yours when it is finished.

Today I have been working on an idea I have had in mind for a while. I have been trying to think of an original item to make to sell. So my idea is for crochet napkin rings which have a crocheted band and with a pom pom on the front. So far so good. Just trying to decide whether the bands should be all the same colour or a mix of colours and keep the pom poms the same, or if they should match the bands :think: Quite hard this deciding what people might like :roll: Have made a prototype which is ok, just needs some adjustment to make it just right.

Back to it......

I've just finished a large cushion cover, in a chequer pattern, and it's come out pretty well!! I prefer crochet, but liked the pattern so out came the knitting needles!! Might get a pic later!!

Also made some wrist/arm warmers for DD with a bit of leftover wool, in a pretty moss stitch('cos it's easy!!)

1 crochet infinity scarf almost done. Ooo I love making the bobbles. It seems so wrong to have 11 loops on the hook, but then I pull the loop through & get a lovely little bobble obble.

Next up is either a granny stitch cowl or a slouchy beany hat I think, as got some nice chunky wool to use. A whole 400g ball.

Another thing I've got to mess with is a marbling kit. I get surprise crafty stuff in a box each month. January is the first month of the new format box. I used to get lots of bits for inspiation & one kit. But this months format is just one big marbling kit. Hmm not sure about this. I think the marbling onto the ceramic pendant will be nice & maybe also the fabric. But no instructions on how to ' fix' the colour on the fabric. What else could I marble? Not eally into just marbling paper.

Thanks..Emma.x

Craftyhunnypie, could you marble on egg-blown egg shells ?

Then you could hang them on an Easter tree :D

That's taken me back... I once made 'Pace' (sp?) eggs with a friend from Yorkshire; we blew the eggs, picked vetch and other plants to die the egg shell, wrapped them in onion skins and cloth before boiling. I kept mine for ages.

Does anyone know of this custom?

We dye ours in wate from boiled onion skins. It makes the a beautiful burgundy colour which we then polish with a bit of oil. It's a Polish tradition which we do every Easter. We then play a game by tapping the eggs (bottom to bottom or top to top) and whoevers egg doesn't crack is the winner!

Incense (I have a shop on etsy) - just proofing a few I've made as they're not burning well so I need to adjust the formulation.

Spinning wool - I spin loads of wool but I'm not the best knitter in the world; I just enjoy the spinning, really. I sell a bit of this but mostly I use it for small projects or making socks and things.

Watercolour-gouache paintings for an interactive e-book I've been working on (or more accurately NOT working on, there's always something else to do of late...)

Just thought I share my crocheted chair with you. Its to go in my bedroom. I started it the beginning of December and did an hour or so each night. Very pleased how it's turned out.

OH thinks its a bit hippy chick :roll: . The chair cost £5 from a local junk shop and the wool was just cheap acrylic wool I've had in my wool box for ages just waiting for a suitable project. Picked up the inspiration from attic24 which led me to have a look a couple of crochet web sites

b731180b-a36f-4336-81da-40a4e7f0a9cc.jpg