craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

Blackrocksrock great quilt, I think your cat's going to like it :D Is the pattern rail fence?

Just joined 6 strips together - made 12inch blocks and turned them time about - not sure if its rail fence or not! - Just really learning and enjoying this quiliting but need to make a bigger on next time!

Space chick - a dress - boy you are good!

Eggasperated that is a stunning design :D fabulous work

Thank you :) , gave me quite a headache at first as the design was on a diagram in dots with umpteen sizes on it rather than being written. I must confess I typed it all out in words as it made me cross-eyed trying to follow it like that :lol: .

Eggasperated that is a stunning design :D fabulous work

Thank you :) , gave me quite a headache at first as the design was on a diagram in dots with umpteen sizes on it rather than being written. I must confess I typed it all out in words as it made me cross-eyed trying to follow it like that :lol: .

Wow I would not know how to start to write a pattern with dots and different sizes :shock::shock:

It looks lovely love the pattern you are very clever :D:D

Recently I bought a lot of white cotton fabric (white vines and leaves on white) and I thought I'd use up all the old fat quarters by making little squares to put inside a cathedral quilt. They have been waiting for me to do something with them and having had a bit of practice when my ankle was kaput I felt that was a good way to achieve a random yet purdy thing with them. The boy is going to help by moving his tv to the side and I can scrabble underneath my craft table! Then I can play with my Alto Quilt cut. The house is all tidy (dunno what got into me) so I think I can have a play tonight. :dance:

It is a very nice waistcoat. I mean how many people look and say those are men side or ladies side buttons? I never would notice! Probably because I never approach strangers and look at their chests to find out! :lol:

I have fabric, I have been playing and I have used the QuiltCut 2 and once I got the hang of it - whoosh! Loads of squares and perfect! I have changed from the norm slightly and instead of hand sewing the edges together I have used the old sewing machine. And then found out why I don't use it now. It tends to hiccup and bunch the first thread in a knot. Sorted - I grab the ends and sew and it is fine. So all turned inside out and ready to piece together. Well not all because an 8inch square only makes a 3.5 inch final square. Lots to go to make a quilt! I may run out of fabric yet!!!

Mad sewing skills! Nice stuff :). I have been spinning wool to make socks. I just finished a pair of socks and then ended up washing them....insta shrink :shock: So only solution of course is to spin more wool and make more socks! With a note to self to make sure I don't throw them in the machine this time.

What a shame. Got a lovely picture in my mind of you spinning your yarn and knitting your socks. You need to find a use for felted knitting :D

Valkyrie try using a s"Ooops, word censored!" to start on then sewing onto your seam and snip it off afterwards. You can keep using same s"Ooops, word censored!" and it prevents fabric disappearing down the hole and thread balls :D The other thing you can try is a bit of card taped to reduce size of needle slot. I get same problem, my machine does 9mm stitches so has a wide slot. I do what you do most of the time and hang on grimly to the threads :lol:

:lol: These machines are sent to try us!!! I did do a lot of chain piecing and that went really well. One of those PHEW moments!

And I ran out of fabric. So yesterday we went to Romsey and they wanted £12 a metre! So went to Weyhill (Christian - 2 lots of quilt shops in Andover now whoohooo) and got some more - the Makower with the tiny leaves. Then I thought hey ho I'll get more of the same in different shades - and than piece the bigger squares to make diamonds or wierdy things with them. I also bought some multi marble with pink and purple to give a bit of relief and that is going to be my centre piece. Then I thought I'd do some secret garden cathedral squares with my blue mouse fabric - hiding in the holes! :lol:

Am enjoying this toooo much and I need to get outside but white fabric and stained grubby hands do not work well!

:shock::shock::shock: you ran out of fabric. Never let that happen again.

:lol:

I have tonnnnnnnns of fabric - I just ran out of the white one with vines. But yep it uses a ton and all I got was smaller than a cot size. I might just get enough for a throw instead at this rate. Have started putting in the windows and building it up now. The white is such a good background for the colours, really showing the old fabrics off nicely.

A word of caution Omleteers! :anxious:

If you dream a knitting pattern, make sure you aren't feeling super fat in your dream :lol:

I have, today, finished the dress. This dress pattern I dreamt, then wrote up and then knitted!

I very much overestimated the size of my hips :oops: I have about 4 or 5 inches clearance both sides :doh:

However, whilst I will NEVER be able to wear this dress in public, it is very comfy, so I will wear it around the house rather than let it go to waste :wink:

However, I couldn't knit and run, so here's the photo for you to have a good giggle, and to serve as a reminder that there are professional knitting patterns for a reason :lol:

3274a44ccd3e5634131d00860042cb48_zps5f61721b.jpg

wot? :lol: Show us yer stash and project

Wow Debs that's a lot of knitting. Perhaps you can create new side seams and you'll have instant pockets. Well done for working out a pattern, I am impressed. How about using it as an auntie dress for small children to hide under from their parents.