craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

I'm attempting baby bunting for a friend who has just given birth :D I'm rubbish with a needle & thread, so this is really a labour of love for me. My gripe is that I have to hand sew all the letters of her name onto each pendant. Could they have been mindful & called her Eve...or...Bob?! :roll: Oh no! I've only got to sew on 10 lettters in the form of Ayveehanah haven't I :wall: Stupid made up names :lol:

Lesley - are the washers Stainless Steel? I know you can get zinc etc ones, but I'm allergic to zinc & other sorts might make a mess when mixed Am thinking along the lines of a charm bracelet.

I had some of that Diamond glaze years ago, for card making. It was all a bit new then & no one really knew what to do with it. I've discovered I've got some crystal laquer pen type things . Very similar stuff but slightly coloured. Might have to have a meddle.

You can make paper bunting, where you cut out Diamond shapes & fold in half over ribbon to make your triangle pendants. Some nice papers out there these days.

Emma.x

I finished these for a friend who was happy to be experimented on. Not sure what I learned except that knitting socks to fit is complicated. They have a white cuff so we've called them 'raspberry cream socks'. She likes them and they keep her feet warm in the evening so that's ok.

IMG_20130318_124525_zps5627ceeb.jpg

Wow, all of your projects are so inspirational!!!

I'm very proud of myself having been looking for a snood/infinity type scarf for ages, I decided to DIY by sewing the ends of a silk scarf together to achieve the same effect - I'm very chuffed with it, even though it is only hand sewn.

I do have a sewing machine and am desperate to "do something" with it - does anyone have any pointers as to idiot proof online courses that I could follow, please?

Also LOVE the look of kumihimo (might not have got the spelling right there :oops: ) I'm just wondering what you use the finished braids for ... can you make thicker braids?

Lesley - are the washers Stainless Steel?

Sorry Emma - I didn't notice your question.....

I found stainless steel ones online. I've made a couple more and decided to make them double-sided. It takes a bit longer as the glue has to dry for 48 hours each side.

I have discovered ribbon embroidery :D I came back from a craft fair with a kit to make a pin cushion (the sarcastic comment from DD was 'and you really need that' :oops: ) It is so much quicker than other embroidery and looks great. I am now searching for cheap silk ribbon and have bought a couple of books on ebay with lovely designs :D Does anyone else do ribbon embroidery?

They are beautiful, I had never heard of ribbon embroidery, it is lovely.

I have some similar UFO of cross stitch.

I love the birds I wonder if I could manage those they would be nice as a mobile for grandchild due in 3 weeks, when I finish the ripple blanket I might have to have a go :D

Chrissie

Ahh stunning ribbon embroidery. Never done that before, but my mum has. She did red organza flowers around a heart shape template. I absolutely love what you've made & I'm off to search kits. See what you've done now! Ha ha!

Love your crochet hanging too. I've made those birdies in the past, they are basically like a circle folded in half & good fun to make, as they use up your stash.

Emma.x

Another way to change colour is start the last stitch of the current colour but finish the stitch off with the new colour. Eg if you are doing UK double crochet, insert hook through loop of current colour, yarn over of new colour, pull loop back through, yarn over of new colour, pull through two loops, stitch done, new colour attached and carry on until you need to change again. It's slightly fiddle, but does a nice smooth transition. Hope that's of some help :D