craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

Dishcloths are fun and ladybird sounds interesting :D

I've made a little quilt of my friends grandson. It was going to be a Christmas present but I'm a bit late

DSCF7495.jpg

Got a problem with puckering on the face now because I quilted too much around it.

You are allowed a crochet hook and knitting needles on flights....

LOL thanks Christian. I don't think I'd risk it. You can't argue with airport security and different countries seem to apply their own rules. I believe scissors with a short blade are allowed, but I have had scissors taken from me on two separate occasions at Bangkok. One of them it was a pair of children's craft scissors!

'Scissors with a blade no longer than 3cm'.....can you tell I have just done my annual training this week??

:wink::lol:

LOL thanks Christian. I don't think I'd risk it. You can't argue with airport security and different countries seem to apply their own rules. I believe scissors with a short blade are allowed, but I have had scissors taken from me on two separate occasions at Bangkok. One of them it was a pair of children's craft scissors!

'Scissors with a blade no longer than 3cm'.....can you tell I have just done my annual training this week??

:wink::lol:

I did mention that to the security person at Bangkok. At the same time my OH was giving me evil looks and told me off for trying to argue with them.

Apologies for going off topic :oops:

I am making a blanket in as many different crochet stitches as I can learn, and as many colours as I need to use up(there are many)

It's about 1/4 done.

Very Bright!!

Keeps me busy of an evening, and stops me sulking about the damp/condensation problems we have in Chez Freddie!

I am making a blanket in as many different crochet stitches as I can learn, and as many colours as I need to use up(there are many)

It's about 1/4 done.

Very Bright!!

Keeps me busy of an evening, and stops me sulking about the damp/condensation problems we have in Chez Freddie!

That sounds interesting, different colours and stitches. I can only do basic crochet stitches so far, I have learnt to increase and cochet two together for a ripple blanket that I have started. That is helping to keep me busy in the evenings when I am on my own (OH away for work) and nothing on the tv :D I must keep at it as it is for a baby due in April :D

Chrissie

Yes, I'd like to see photos as well please :D

I now have a smaller photo of the little tins - the close-up showed up what were really small imperfections in the glaze, they look much better in real life!

DSCF2930.jpg

Last year I bought snow boots with a quilted, mid calf, leg thinking that I'd be able to scrunch the leg part down - I couldn't because they were too stiff and I found the boots really uncomfortable to walk in. Soooooo....I took the scissors to them and made them into ankle boots! Today I've made boot cuffs for them with some leftover fleece fabric I found. I also found the cut off legs from a pair of children's joggers so made a spare set of cuffs as well.

DSCF2946.jpg

Untitled.jpg

I thought you might be better off looking at the ones on Things to Make.... :lol:

I used paper cut from a Cotton Patch leaflet - small pictures of quilts.....

DSCF2882.jpg

With Diamond Glaze

DSCF2888.jpg

Finished with ribbon and a bead....

DSCF2954.jpg

I've discovered that Diamond Glaze doesn't like hairspray :oops: - it dulls the glaze :anxious:

I left mine on the dressing table for a couple of weeks :roll:

Funny I was looking for info on this myself and thought you would know the answer - I am new to knitting and think it might fill the time UK - USA - both these countries say yes to knitting needles in their security information.

Tracy