craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

Here's a close-up of the first one I made, which is a bit of a prototype, and not the best one. The boxes are opened by pulling (gently!) on the ribbon squares.

adventcalendarcloseup.jpg

WOW those are fab !!!!

Did you cross stitch all those squares or are they stamped ?

Whatever you did, they do look great.

Ahh, thank you Plum, split rings? I'll get some tomorrow as I'm not too confident in letting this necklace go to its new home. I'd hate it to break. I only taught myself to crochet 10 days ago :lol: wire is certainly the way to go, I initially tried with some of that clear beadalon, but it didn't sit right. I have never been able to sew & don't have a creative bone in my body, but I'm liking this necklace lark :D

I'm currently having a go at knitting socks. I'm using two circular needles which is new to me but nice to do. The sock is huge, it would be enormous on a yeti. I think I've picked the wrong yarn and needles. I've bought some sock yarn now, it was on offer in Germany and cheaper than I've seen here. Sock knitting must be popular there, sock yarn was being sold everywhere. I'm going to persist with the giant socks for practice and see if they'll do as slipper socks. I've already suggested to ES that they would be great as snowboarding socks but he just gave me a funny look.

Yes, I was thinking they would look good on a snow blanket with little Bambi's & toadstools & a gingerbread house in the middle. They are so very easy to make, but you do need tiny pins for when you get further up the cone.

I have seen a lot of variations of putting ribbon on the cones, so will try that next year.

Emma.x

I couldn't post these before Christmas, just in case any of my friends were reading this (unlikely). I always get together with a group of girlfriends before Christmas and we exchange presents, this year I decided to make stockings for everyone.

DSC02637_zps3f06e698.jpg

th_DSC02641_zpsa45aba7a.jpg th_DSC02640_zps4f41865f.jpg

I had to stretch the definition of 'home made' for the contents as I ran out of time, so one person ended up with a jar of honey (home bottled!) and another got a bottle of blackberry vodka. I had huge fun doing it, I'm already planning next year's presents.