Lindy Loo

What is the going rate for eggs?

Sorry - what wording is on the pink egg box labels - can't read it!

Emma.x

"These eggs are freshly laid by

our own small flock of happy hens,

Rosie,Poppy,Lily,Daisy & Pansy

They are rich in Omega 3 & marked with the date they were laid

We hope that you enjoy them & can taste the difference!

Please return the box if you can"

Layla has started a a little shop on the drive - 20p per egg, of which 5p goes to BHWT, 5p is hers to keep and the rest is put in a pot for chicken food etc. We have only done it for one week as we were at Jimmy's last Saturday. We got a little extra in donations, which went into the BHWT pot. We will discount a bit if they bring their egg box back (it is our neighbours after all). We also bought our egg boxes from Flyte so Fancy.

Dolly's blue eggs are prized by our neighbours; I always put one in the box.

There is something magical about them aswell. I am finding that with the bantam eggs. Even though they are smaller, if I put 2 in a box then they are amazed. It's better for me as I get a decent sized hardboiled egg! :lol:

Since last Friday (6/4/07) when I picked up the bantams, we've had.....

29 EGGS!!! :shock::shock:

Awww. How cute! 20p an egg! Up it to 25! :wink:

Right Martin! - after reading your posts on here I can now confirm that the Duck eggs I sell to you next week will be £2.50 for 6 :lol::lol::lol::wink: After all........ they are worth it 8):wink:

.... and they'll be in a grey egg box...... coloured ones extra! :lol:

Actually, I sell hen eggs for £1.20 for 6 and duck eggs for 25p each. Our eggs are the same colours as the ones in Linda's photo at the beginning. We have 5 blue egg layers and 2 white egg layers - some days we are overun with blue eggs :roll:

Has anyone seen a paler green egg box anywhere? The label I've been working on has the Willows Farm name on - but it looks strange on the pink egg boxes ( :( ) I find the green too bright though.

Thanks everyone for your input - I think I've now got a good idea what the going rate is. Now all I have to do is put my awkwardness aside and tell people the cost when they ask/offer to buy them.

Good suggestion about leaving them on the staffroom table with a money box. I might try doing that too ( sorry I can't remember offhand which one of you does that and if I go back through the thread half way through this post I might lose the plot altogether)

Hi,

I've now placed my order for some colourful egg boxes. (Thanks for the link Martin).

Now I need to work on a label. I found some on Ascott, but they look a bit boring. How do you do yours? Do you print them onto Avery Labels? My design skills are a bit lacking, so this will be a challenge for me!!! :roll:

I have got Label factory Deluxe -

Had a quick Google on this Sarah, as I need something to print labels and there seem to be two called the same thing: Is yours by Nova, or Art Explosion?

Nova: Amazon

B000FS67ZY.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V46028269_AA280_.jpg £20.97

or

Art Explosion:

B000053SN2.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_AA280_.jpg

£45.99

Cheers!

Edited by Guest

YES.

I have blue, green, yellow and pink egg boxes as well as the Omlet ones.

You can buy them here: http://www.flytesofancy.co.uk

I am getting 4 or 5 eggs a day. We've had 4 today, but Scramble is currently sat on the nesting box, so fingers crossed.

I charge £1.10 for 4 and £1.60 for 6. I think that is a fair price for Organic Free Range eggs from happy hens.

Martin

Ahh, we use supermarket egg boxes that we get given (we have to say no most of the time there are so many :shock: ). I might feel justified charging more if I bought egg boxes.

I might up to £1.20. :?