dancing cloud

Kindle - yes or no and which?

Yes Cinnamon I will need some plastic bags as we are off on holiday soon and am worried about sand so good idea!

But I had a look at the free books which I wasnt expecting but some good classics.

Technology is great am very happy and just need the cover as it does seem quite fragile

Donald :D

Glad to hear everyone seems to be getting along just fine so far. I've been notifed of an eta of 2nd Oct for mine - seems a long way off :( but at least it's on its way :D . Already bought the cover and got that (boring black and without the light).

An early Oct arrival would give me plenty of time to play before my hols in Nov and lots of time to stock up on books for the sit-around-the-airport and medium-haul flights. I resisted buying an ipod and carried around cd player and cd's for ages, before giving in and finding the ipod was one of the greatest things ever. Hope the Kindle is the same!

Actually for travelling the Ipad is the best thing ever. On my recent 9.5 hour flight I read a book on the Kindle app, played my favorite game for a while, watched a movie which I had downloaded and read some blog entries which were downloaded to my reader app. On the way home I also listened to music. The inflight entertainment was lousy and the screens were awful so I was very glad I had it!

No point getting extended warranty, the sales of goods act says that electronic equipment should last for a resonable amount of time, which is about 3-5 years.

I am going to wait for the Samsung Galaxy Tab to come out, it looks very impressive.

Having seen both, I'd go for the Galaxy, it is supposed to be far cheaper than an ipad too.

Have just placed my order. :D

Which one are you getting?

An early Oct arrival would give me plenty of time to play before my hols in Nov and lots of time to stock up on books for the sit-around-the-airport and medium-haul flights. I resisted buying an ipod and carried around cd player and cd's for ages, before giving in and finding the ipod was one of the greatest things ever. Hope the Kindle is the same!

No need to stock up if you have the 3g version or can find a wi-fi hotspot :D you can download books anywhere and it really is as quick as they say, I downloadwd Stephen Kings 'The stand' a very large book and it took seconds :D

Hi

I ordered my OH not long ago approx 3 weeks ago and its coming today! I think they must be coming back into stock or the mad rush is over :?:

Agree the books have downloaded instantly! I dont know anything about technology but the Kindle doesnt seem to get hot like a laptop ie doesnt appear to have a fan. I am delighted with it, so easy to use. We did look at Ipads and my son tells me its just a big i phone. I think they look like a small TV screen(more bulky) and it moves around (dizzy) but perhaps you can lock that off. Saying that friends that have them do like them. The kindle is very easy on the eyeballs.

I should have ordered the cover with the kindle but that should be here soon in green to match (cube green),just joking

donald :D

I should have ordered the cover with the kindle but that should be here soon in green to match (cube green),just joking

donald :D

:lol: :lol: I think we need a photo of you sitting beside your green cube, reading your green kindle.... all you need are green crocs!

Well guess what I do have a (cube green)(green eglu) green kindle cover(arrived this morning as did my OH kindle ordered on 13th Sept)...........and I have green crocs. If the sun comes out I may do the photo donald :lol: