dancing cloud

Kindle - yes or no and which?

I pre ordered it ages ago and was going to cancel when it dispatched, I can't afford it at the mo and aldeDy have a Sony reader and kindle app on one of my ipads. I'll get one next year .

Just had an Email update, estimated dispatch date 21st Sept, so hopefully not too long now :pray:

Yes my delivery date is now 21st Sept Tuesday, I am off work so will be hiding in the front garden to stop them leaving me a card! It will give me a whole month to get to know my kindle and order lots of books

In anticipation for Tuesday :D donald

Just arrived hooray but I need to walk the dog and sort our animals they are wondering why there routine is not the same today :lol:

Have had a peek and definitely can see why I need to buy a cover etc next decison Gel or the leather spine type(think this is what I need to get though..quite fancied the funky gel ones)

Donald :)

Am going to make a cup of coffee and have a go at starting the kindle up! I am a real techno phobe . My son already is itching to set kindle up but I am off to investigate the Amazon box.

Be back soon hopefully. It is very light and I am worried now I will break the thing so I must get a cover urgently!! :lol:

I am replying to myself

Brilliant 5 minutes to set it up(it does itself) I have bought two books already. I think it is Psychic as I read Steig Larson on holiday via a friend lending me this brilliant book. Now I have the other two and they were really cheap

The only thing is it comes up with a welcome to OH! So I need to get his name changed to mine

Does need a cover.

Go on buy one you know you want to :wink: Donald

Yes just plug it in and off you go. I just ordered a green cover from Amazon which it will need but the screen is very easy on the eye and I wouldnt think it would need a light?? So it apparently takes 4.5 hours to charge up.

Good luck I am sure you wont be disappointed

Donald :D

It's fantastic, the screen is really strange, not like a computer screen at all, really easy to read and it shows different pictures when you switch it off :D (easily pleased, me) . Oh oh my light has just gone green, only been charging it for 2 and a bit hours.

Haven't bought any books yet but have downloaded some free ones, Alice in Wonderland, Sherlock Holmes, Treasure Island, Frankenstein, Dracula, The Iliad.

Will definitely have a look at getting a cover.

Told you all you would like it 8):lol:

I didn't get the cover with the light either,as I don't think I would ever need to light.

Something it is useful to buy though is some of those seal able plastic baggies, so you can read in the bath.

I bought a load on eBay - just measured the Kindle & bought a near perfect size. I do take the cover off for bath-time reading too.

Hurrah! I have my kindle, it is out of the box and I've had a little play with it.....so far, very impressed :D:D:D

Just got to entertain Bogwoppit for an hour and then get him into bed and then I can have a proper good look at my new toy 8)

Pleased I have a cover on order, wouldn't like to put the Kindle in my bag without one.

Oooh, I'm all excited!!! :roll::lol: