austele_1

Your Chickens Magazine

I got a sample copy of it before Christmas in a Smallholding magazine and I've just subscribed to it with the same offer. I don't think it's as informative/detailed etc as Practical Poultry but for the price thought it was good bedtime browsing and something I could pass onto my children to read. Just waiting for the 1st copy to come through the door :D .

Bit like eating chocolate...nice easy read, but doesn't fill you up.

Like the other people posting, good value subscription offer so signed up to support it and hope the content improves over coming issues. On the plus side, my 8 year old son likes it. :D

Not sure if my girls read magazines - they would subscribe to BOK I think :lol: - oh silly me its for humans - too early in the morning. will look it up. A chicken mag would be full of the latest feathers and preening aids and would have a dating page - Rooster of the month. Sorry having a silly moment

I bought this yesterday as I'm a sucker for Chicken/Duck/Gardening mags!

I stood there in Smiths debating... Practical Poultry... Home Farmer... Country Smallholder... :think:

Then my husband pointed this out to me so I thought I'd try it as its new.

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed as it really seems aimed at beginners, but to be fair it did basically say that sort of thing on the cover. Nice pics, but won't tell you anything you don't already know, as others have said might be good for teenagers/kids but I probably won't buy it again.

Becky x

My OH got the Feb issue (issue 1 I think) for me which was sweet of him. I think he was hoping it would help with my Morehens disease but no such luck - too many lovely pictures, especially of some adorable, owl-like Frizzles :lol: .

Quite a few of the pictures do not say what the breed is, unfortunately. Anyone know what the breed is on page 58? So pretty! Oops there goes my Morehens disease - adding a few more spots I think :roll:

As this first issue said almost all that there is to be said to total biginners I'm not sure where the mag will go from now on, but I'll be buying a few more issues to see.