Alis girls

Am I the only pet owner who....

looks proud and grins like an idiot when the vet says "hello handsome fella" to my ginger cat. Its not like I gave birth to him. Its the same when a friends OH said what fine looking birds my girls were.

My cat went for post op check yesterday and to have his sutures out. Unfortunately he had removed them himself so I was a bit geared up for a telling off from vet but he surprised me by telling him he was handsome. Now I did know that already - but am biased.

No you're not- I do the same when the staff at my vet compliment my pusscats. I sought their advice on Maine Coons before getting Angus, now they are fussed over mightily on their infrequent visits and I feel like a proud parent. :roll:

When Pippi arrived my vet asked if I was planning to breed "because I don't normally advise it, but these are such beautiful animals" - I'm not breeding them, but I did pass on that comment to the breeder I bought from and she was very pleased!

No your not the only one! Not usually from my vet though as the main man is a bit of a grumpy old wotsit but the lady vets (usually Australian/Kiwi) are very complimentary.

I have to say that when Cookie was a puppy, I actually had people stop in their cars to ask me what she was, I used to get :oops: but am used to it now.

I think we're just the same with our pets as we are with our children and proud no matter what, speaking as a tabby and black moggie owner!! :D (I do always point out that Dave is half Siamese though) :wink::lol:

Phew - glad its not just me - I love it if the kids are complimented and always pass it on - but to have my kitties complimented or my hens or the rabbit makes me swell with pride. How silly. Unfortunately all I get from people about my other cat who is pretty with big eyes is "ooh isnt she big/tubby/fat " delete as necc. I then feel guilty as shes one of these cats who doesnt eat a lot but sh doesnt move much (if at all). I get quite defensive as shes very lovely and makes us laugh.

Lol no I am a proud parent :-D

We always get stopped in the street by people looking at Jasper our weimaraner. They say how handsome he is and beautiful and i just say "thanks" lol I don't really know what to say to them lol but it makes me proud and i get embarrased.

Wonder what will happen when i get back of holidays and go looking for his new girlfriend who will be named Daisy lol.

Here's my handsome little guy :-D He's quite a bit bigger now!! Oh and the funniest comment we had was "OMG he has better taste than me - a GUCCI dog tag!!" lol well i couldn't resist and daisy has a matching one waiting for her lol x

jas.jpg

Definitely not on your own! My lovely vet always admires my moggies and says how handsome the boys are and how pretty the girls are, and yes I always feel really proud of them :D .

His very favourite is Cleo with her damaged face, as he was the one that took the decision to try and save her, and not put her to sleep, when she was abandoned in a terrible state. Like the shelter, he was absolutely thrilled when Cleo was adopted, as they'd all thought her disfigurement and lifetime medication would mean she was a permanent resident, and he's always really happy to see her when she goes for a repeat presciption. What's very sweet is that Cleo's totally cuddly with him too - aaww!

I've yet to persuade the vets that any of my chooks are pretty - but I know they are (and they know it too :lol: )

My grans cats were in their 20's and were fed offal all their lives - this was the 60's and 70's - I dont think they ever saw a tin of meat. They boosted diet with rats, voles and moorhens from the pond and the odd bird. Gran used to cook the offal and boy did it smell "offal" :vom: sorry re pun - bad :lol: Well done Tiggy cat OAP of feline world

This thread has struck a chord!! :lol:

We took Tink for his vaccinations at the beginning of the week & after having been given a thorough examination without complaint, our vet said that he was...

and I quote...

"The best little dog I have ever had on my table!" :D

OH & I are so proud!! I think he needs a rosette!!

Our latest rescue cat Basil, also went along for his vaccinations. He was initially greeted with an expletive, (He's a big boy!) and then pronounced a "Very fine specimen indeed!"...

What a day! :lol:

Nope, another proud parent here :oops:

Henry, my terrier, is 16 now and never ceases to amaze my vet as he still plays like a puppy :D

I glow with pride when he compliments him.

I had to take one of my girls to the vets this week, and didn't see my usual vet but saw a different one, who called for "chicken", I was most put out and said "Her name is Dorothea" :shameonu: