Ms Marple

Where is my Summer?

Ok you guys who has nicked the weather? We seem to have had almost constant rain for weeks. Last Tuesday being the exception. OH has been attempting to lay a stone patio for weeks and weeks and is constantly thwarted by rain, rain and yet more rain. So who has got my summer weather :evil:

Well today has gone from brilliant sunshine, to showers, back to sunshine - now it's so dark I need the light on, howling winds, thunder and torrential rain. However after nearly three months of drought I promise I am not complaining!

Me too Karen. I know that we need the rain, but i do wish that it would restrict itself to the night :lol: I've spent today hairing around, ferrying Rosie to and fro and doing the chores, have got soaked 3 times... and I mean needing to change into dry clothes type of soaking :roll: I'm exhausted now and have a washing machine full of clothes which got wet and muddy.

This has been my first full week of biking to school and somehow I have more or less managed to do it between the showers except for Thursday when we really did get wet - partly because we decided to do the whole journey home- 11.5 miles. Had an interesting walk on Friday!! :lol:

In the morning it has been cold enought to need gloves - I want my proper summer and I WANT IT NOW :twisted:

Much as I hate the rain (during the day) we really did need it. Can I vote to have the rain just at night too?? :roll:

My tumble dryer appears to have packed up in disgust and on the rare occasions that I've managed to get some out on the rotary its not dried anyway. I really, really want a long washing line, just got to persuade the OH.

I'm not too bothered about it being really hot, I'd just like a little less rain please. :pray:

Here in Cornwall, we had summer in March/April; considering that it is the 'official' first day of summer tomorrow & longest day, I feel a little cheated. We have been trying to get the WIR up for the past few weeks, but someone told me that electric drills & water do not mix :lol: I just feel like :wall:

Yes, it has greened up here too :D my folks live just outside London in Herts, they are on London clay and it's as dry as can be there.

Yes definitely dry here. we had a rainy weekend but were camping elsewhere :roll: we had a glorious couple of months but the last week has been grey and cold. I try to enjoy it when we have it rather than worry its the wrong time of year lol

Well in spite of the forecast, here in God's acre we have missed the worst of the weekend weather, which was great because it was the birthday celebrations of a very dear friend. It rained once yesterday, at about 6 pm and although it was very windy and not quite as warm as one would hope for June we all had a lovely day. Today, we have had blustery winds again but mostly blue skies, and we sat outside at the pub with OH to celebrate father's day looking out onto Chichester harbour, and when we got home OH and I were able to sit on the Patio and enjoy a further glass of wine before supper.... Sorry!

:lol: I used to travel in the far east and Africa, dreaming of cold frosty mornings :roll:

I was brought up in South Africa and used to dream of snow, but I always enjoyed the sun and the fact that where we lived it woudl alwyas rain for 30 mins to an hour most summer afternoons, which cooled everything down ready for the next heat blast

As I sit here typing it is pouring down outside :( That said, I'd be quite happy if it does rain, up until the kids break up for the summer hols and then we can have lovely sunshine and enjoy a summer hols for once. Well, as well we can do bearing in mind ED is currently confined to crawling everywhere with my gardening knee pads on, as both her feet are playing up and YD's knee has had an RSD flare up and is finding it a little painful to do too much walking. But apart from all that.......*sigh*

Or, if thats not possible, then just the rain at night and sunny and warm (not too much above 24 please) all day. And a warm evening wouldn't go amiss either :roll: