moosealot

Small white eggs on chicken poo - what are they?

Hi,

I have searched the faqs to try and find out what the white eggs are on the chicken's poo ... I think they could be worms, but am hoping that someone can help me out so that I can have a sensible conversation with my vet in french, rather than have the pantomime problem of egg as in parasitic egg rather than chicken egg!

Many thanks,

Jo

(green eglu)GNR Gerry PP Barbara

Strange question but is the poo outside in the run? It could be slug eggs, I found some in the bark chippings of my girls run a few days ago. They're white eggs. Just an idea perhaps you could set a beer trap for the adult slugs and dispose of the bodies before you let your chooks out in a morning.

Hi

Do the eggs look like sesame seeds and can you see them moving if you look closely? If so they're probably an indication that your chickens have tapeworm. We had a similar problem and were prescribed Droncit - a wormer containing praziquantel as Flubenvet doesn't kill tape worms. It's not licenced for chickens though so needs to be prescribed by a vet.

Hope this helps

S

My chicken,  just pooped and there's little white eggs in it. No need for a microscope,  it's very visible.  It was done in my car because we are traveling, So no flys. Although it resembles fly eggs, just all over not in a row or cluster.  Does anyone know what it is?

Teri