bigmommasally

Liquidizer or soup maker

Tough decision!!!

I keep looking at soup makers and wondering if/how well they work, but always continue with my stick blender on the basis that they take up far less space and are a bit more versatile.

I do keep dreaming of a vitamix blender, but they are serious money and I hear conflicting reports about how well they actually make soup ... :think:

Let us know what you decide!

I recently broke my liquidiser and replaced it with a Bamix stick blender. I find the stick blender much better / safer for soups as it does away with ladling hot soup between the saucepan and liquidiser (and the nasty moment when you turn the blender on and the boiling soup gets swirled around inside and up to the lid- I always held the top on under a tea towel but it still felt very hazardous!)

Yes, it's the price of a vitamix that puts me off ... :|

I've just looked at the price, I think I need a cup of tea to recover.

Thought I might like a blender but after buying a kitchen aid mixer at the beginning of the year I will carry on with my stick blender, which I do like. It was just the Omlet effect that made me look at the vitamix :D:oops:

I would think a liquidiser would be more useful than a soup maker but I have only seen adverts for the soup maker.

Chrissie