The Dogmother

All she needed was a hug....

It takes a lot to make me cry, but I really welled up watching that.

Me too LB.

I once fostered a rescue which was very fearful of men and used to wet himself in terror :( My Cyrus is very settled now and starting to play, but he still cowers if a hand is raised quickly or when I once got the yard stick out to measure something... It's unbearably sad that they still retain those memories.

I don't generally go for small dogs but that Edie is a real sweetie and obviously craves affection.

Oh dear, I have damp eyes :( but it was so lovely to see Edie rubbing along on the towel at the end. Bless.

I have to say my old dog Sally was not a dog you would automatically have picked out from the rest of the dogs at Battersea. She was in with a gorgeous Collie, who we were told we couldn't have because of our young children. She had gigantic ears, was a black/brindle mongrel (possibly a staff mixed with a whippet) who looked very odd. She just sat at the back as the collie went ballistic around her. Something in her eyes made me want to meet her and what a gentle, loving soul she was. Still miss her.