lillybettybabs

Scared of the weirdest things

Binoculars :anxious:

I quiver at the thought of looking through them... I hate the sensation of things 'whizzing into focus'.

Horrid things!!!

I have a similar fear of google earth; when it zooms into focus, I feel sick! :oops:

Saronne

Ooh, I don't really 'do' google earth for that very reason! :anxious:

If I ever do, I have to close my eyes whilst I'm zooming in and hope for the best when everything has stopped moving :lol:

I'm 50+ and am still scared of the dark! - very dark where we live and I'm never more than a few feet away from a torch! (and I still have a night light.....and take them on holiday :oops: )

As for fish pedicures.......I didn't think I had a phobia about them at all until I went to one as a family group........they're all still doing impressions of me as I was a complete, gibbering, wreck :oops:

Slugs! Can't bear them :vom: It's one of the reasons I got chickens - stupidly I thought the chickens would eat all those enormous brown and orange slugs that rampage across my garden immediately it rains. But no, our chickens only eat little, almost invisible slugs :wall:

....they don't like the yucky big ones!

:vom:

You can't blame them really can you? :D

Oh dear...I seem to have a few

I'm not brilliant with heights unless I am completely enclosed..and not good where I can see water moving on both sides of me either...piers, jettys, narrow bridges etc..

Clowns. :anxious: .I've never grown out of my childhood fear of these and I still find them unsettling that's why Stephen King's IT is the scariest book I have ever read

Everything else I am absolutely fine with...although don't like the feel or squeak of cotton wool much either...

I'm not brilliant with heights unless I am completely enclosed..and not good where I can see water moving on both sides of me either...piers, jettys, narrow bridges etc..

Clowns. :anxious: .I've never grown out of my childhood fear of these and I still find them unsettling that's why Stephen King's IT is the scariest book I have ever read

Everything else I am absolutely fine with...although don't like the feel or squeak of cotton wool much either...

We were discussing tactile phobias a few months ago weren't we? I can't stand touching material (getting dressed is fine, phew! :P ) especially changing the beds or doing the cushion covers on the sofa; I have to wear rubber gloves or I feel :vom:

My daughter can't bear the scratch of nails on glossy paper!

door handles- before i got to touch them i start to think about people not washing their

hands and touching it etc, I wear gloves in hospitals and doctors which looks weird in the summer. :lol:

Long sleeves and long skirts are quite handy for that - although you do get strange looks when you exit the loo with your skirt up in the air :lol: