lillybettybabs

Scared of the weirdest things

Also water, as in sinking sand, bogs & the sea. Though I am justified as when I was about 7 someone tried to drown me at the beach (Recklessness) & I spent the next 6 weeks in hospital as a result. The shame is that I had been a very promising swimmer before that. Now I have a panic attack if I'm too near it. I worry unnecessarily about the children near it, which is passing on my fear I know but....

I have a very weird thing I am afraid of.... I am absolutely terrified of it.... I have been known to run out of eating establishments in tears if they have it.... People may think its crazy but I am completely petrified... And I mean petrified of rice pudding

Even writing it fills me with a cold dread... And if you don't believe the extent of the almost paralysing fear... Just ask Lewis or Tasha.

Ventriloquists dummies, clowns, victorian china dolls and Punch and Judy puppets.

Now you mention it, I don't like (not afraid of thought) those china faced dolls that look like dead babies... a bit freaky.

LBB, was walking the dogs at North Newington once when a Chinook came up over the hill in front of me... made my day 8)

I am not very good with heights. If OH has to go onto the Cottage roof for DIY I go for a drive in the car. Also I find cotton wool scary, it is the texture and the sound it makes when it is pulled a part. I will not allow cotton wool in the house. I love Oranges but could never, ever peel one myself. The thought of putting my fingers into the peel and pulling it away from the orange makes me shudder, and as for people who bite into the peel, well that is the scariest thing ever :shock::shameonu:

Slugs! Can't bear them :vom: It's one of the reasons I got chickens - stupidly I thought the chickens would eat all those enormous brown and orange slugs that rampage across my garden immediately it rains. But no, our chickens only eat little, almost invisible slugs :wall:

....they don't like the yucky big ones!

:vom:

Swimming in the sea if there's seaweed. My mind goes into overdrive over what might be lurking there. Too many Jaws films perhaps? Or shall I just blame Jacques Cousteau? I also hate having to go through it to get to clearer water.

*runs away shuddering at the thought*

My daughter used to be terrified of seaweed when she was little!

I love swimming - go most weekdays - but had never swum in the sea until on hol's this year - and it was lovely! Warm, clear, salty. bouyant water - full of little fishes! It was the idea of fish touching me that I didn't like - but it was ok - they steered clear! :dance:

I fly through the air at 35,000 ft in a pressurised aluminium tube. That's fine, but don't ask me to go up the outside jetty steps or cross a foot bridge :wink:

I'm a bit like that - but there's a bit of me that whispers...."go on - you can do it! "

Ants!

And cooked egg white (I know!) - it's ok if it's mixed with the yolk, like scrambled or omelette, but on its own it has me wretching just at the mention.

I used to work with someone who was terrified of buttons - even the word made her flinch.

Oh and I hate having my feet touched and those posters for the fish pedicures make me feel really peculiar.

:doh:

The dark :oops: I thought I would have grown out of it by 18.

I'm fine in places I'm used to, like my house and local streets but otherwise I'm terrified and it will take me several days if not weeks to get used to places and calm down.

29 years old here and still scared of the dark :oops: I didn't put it in my first post as I didn't think of it as being 'weird' but on reflection, maybe being scared of the dark as a full grown adult is a little odd!