Diamond egg gal

They've arrived!!!!!! Now with pics

Chicken day has arrived and at 9:30am this morn our three lovely girls and their (purple eglu) were delivered. My kids are so excited and since their arrival we haven't left the garden. Just got to work out how to put the pics up not the forum to show you all :? (that may take a while :think: )

Edited by Guest

Many Congratulations! :D

Here are some free image hosting options:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/

http://tinypic.com/

http://postimage.org/

Or you can upload them to your facebook if you have one, and link the picture (it doesn't give away your profile or identity it's to the picture ONLY)

Hope this helps, if I can help at all let me know, I'd be happy to host them on my website so you can link to them from there.

They are just lovely ..I started off with a Miss Pepperpot and 2 Ginger rangers from omlet and they are just gorgious.A year on I wouild not change them for anything .

My OH reckons the Miss Pepperpots are real ladies very dignified and should have a string of pearls and the Gingers are chavs into everything and gossips always chatting away.:lol:

My OH reckons the Miss Pepperpots are real ladies very dignified and should have a string of pearls and the Gingers are chavs into everything and gossips always chatting away.:lol:

:clap: That is just so true! With the posh girls being intelligent and minding their own business and the chavs as thick as two short planks and always getting into trouble.

Thank you everyone. We have had such a lovely first day and only went indoors when the rain hit and even then I was perched at the kitchen island watching them through the window. I have a feeling this love affair is going to last forever. :dance: The chooks have had a couple of treats late this afternoon and we are just now wondering if and when they might want to retire into their eglu! (It's bit like a watched kettle :roll: )

Now I've worked out the photo thing on the forum I will try not to bore you all too much :D:D

Congratulations on your cute girls :D

the Gingers are chavs into everything and gossips always chatting away.:lol:

Bet they can't wait to get on those monkey bars and see what the neighbours are up to :lol: .

the chavs as thick as two short planks and always getting into trouble.

I can see the two Gingers plotting already,

Ginger 1: "I'll pretend to be eating, while you look for a way out" :wink:

Ginger 2: "Hmmmm, ok " she says eyeing up the run door.

Miss Pepperpot tuts and walks away in disgust.

Enjoy your girls :D .

Well done for getting your lovely ladies, you wont regret it! :D Did they put themselves to bed like good girls ?

They didn't do so well going to bed on the first night. Dolly PP had been in and out of the eglu at dusk. It was almost like she was saying to the two GNR "come on, follow me, its bedtime". However the chavs were like "what?????" So we took action.

Picture it…..Pitch black in the garden (about 8:40pm) me standing outside in the pouring rain under an umbrella shining a torch into the eglu, whilst my OH tried to shoo the girls up the run with a broom. Needless to say Dolly PP flew at the broom telling my OH off, whilst the chavs GNR weren't too sure what the hell was going on :lol:

My eldest offered to climb into the run with all the poo to try a bit of female persuasion. However I decided that was definitely not an option. So I herded my family indoors and said right lets leave them too it. So after another 20 mins all the girls had headed into the eglu so I raced out to shut the door but then one of the chavs decided to come out for a chat :wall: After another 5 mins they were all in so I dove across the garden like a lunatic through the rain and triumphantly shut the door :dance::dance::dance:

Last night it was a totally different story, about 8pm Dolly PP lead the chavs in and my OH calmly walked across the garden and shut the door! He came indoors with a smug look on his face as if to say 'that's the way you do it' :oops:

Brilliant that's sooo funny! I got my girls in Feb and I followed all the instructions for bedtime which came with the cube setting up instructions ie. putting a torch in the cube so when it got dark they'd know where to go and it was like magic when it got to dusk and they all jumped up the ladder into the cube...I have to say that it still has me mesmerised at dusk. Sounds like Miss Pepperpot is number one chicken already which is fantastic news as you'll not have any pecking order issues with a bit of luck.

So happy for you, the first couple of weeks are all a bit of a whirlwind of excitement and uncertainty, its great that the whole family are all enjoying the chooks.