Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

Good luck Rosie. :D

We put our winter duvet back on last night, and I bought two winter coats today, a smart gorgeous deep purple Per Una one and a thick blue Per Una storm wear one. Two coats for the price of one from their outlet shop. I have been looking for a replacement for about 3 years fora very warm but now tatty coat which I have been wearing for about 8 winters, then two come along at once. :lol:

Some news, but I'm confused and I can't find out more as she's stropped off upstairs to do her French homework....

Running and swimming went well but she won't be told her times or position until later :roll: she said that it was hard to pace though as they were sent off at different times, so no-one to run/swim against.

They are all VERY competitive there and live for Triathlon, training most nights of the week, so she is going to continue to train and compete, but for the fun of it rather than taking up any team offers. Rosie spoke to a professional coach while there and has offers of joining two athletics (running) teams but both of them are quite some distance away, so she'll train with our local team after school. With GCSEs coming up in the new year, she has a lot to concentrate on academically and far more homework than before, so her sporting stuff will take 2nd place for a bit.

OOH its chilly. Went to a study day today in a chilly room and despite a T shirt, cardie and hoodie now feel shivery and snotty :vom: I cant get over how the temperature has plummeted so quickly. I woke my 12 yr old son this morning - he was so warm to touch I said " ooh you're toasty can I get in with you?" - I got a grumpy "no go away". Charming. :roll:

Utterly peed off this week for several reasons and today tipped me over the edge when a GP and my surgery didn't refer me to the hospital like she said she would. Saw her over a month ago, it's in my notes to be referred, but she didn't do it. Hopefully it isn't something time critical but it has been a worry on my mind since I found out about it. The secretary apologised and has got a reliable GP to refer me. Once I got off the phone I went to get my mobile to let my hubby and my friend know and bashed my toes into the door jam, so I sat on the stairs and had a little cry. I did this a couple of hours ago now and have only just had a look (was too scared) and my toe next to my little one is a lovely shade of black :shock: and is very painful. I feel a bit better now after ironing to very loud music and singing badly :lol:

Hope your referral goes ok and the toe is ok too!

Still job hunting! but there's nothing to apply for :roll:

Applied for a receptionist job in a Vets but 'over qualified' and most other jobs are Sales who won't touch someone without Sales experience! :roll:

Hopefully as the big bosses return from their summer holidays they'll start advertising jobs :)

It has been said....

..... that I'm easy to please!

My desk phone is a long one with loads of buttons, so quite cumbersome. The men on the Estate often need to use it, so come in and turn the phone around to use it from the other side of the desk, several of them just turn it round and round so the phone cable gets tangled up and eventually breaks.

I have just got a rotating phone stand (you'd be surprised at how hard they are to find) and am absolutely delighted.

Mind you, I had to wrest it away from a couple of the blokes, who were adamant that they needed to fit it as I couldn't possibly do it myself! You can't keep the flat-pack queen away from putting something together.

forgive me omlet for I have sinned :shock: Had a croissant this morning for breakfast as "it was there" and looked lonely, then had a piece of choccie cake at lunch time for ES's girlfriends 18th birthday - made her a choc victoria sponge with choccie butter icing. Truly delish. My angel says - watch the waist line lady - middleaged spread, my devil says - go on live you deserve it - get in there girl and eat. Now the guilt sets in - its fish and salad for dinner - borrrrinnnnnng. Why does yummy food contain so many calories.I know I will get support and sympathy on the forum for my misdeamenors. :lol:

Goodness, it's chilly and autumnal today. There's been a nip in the air for the last couple of weeks or so in the morning, but today I actually felt quite cold when I took the dog out.

So, when I got home I dug my Barbour coat out and spent a therapeutic hour re-waxing it ready for autumn and winter. Next job is to find where on earth my waterproof gloves and my woolly hat are (I know I stored them in a safe place somewhere...) and then start the annual hunt for a new pair of wellies that won't leak after 3 months.

Bye bye summer :(

You can wax my old Barbour if you like H! I hate doing it, and may well just put it on ebay as it's getting rather tatty. I;'ll see if I can find a newer one on there for a good price.... this one is good as it's quite long and keeps my legs dry 8)

I invested a couple of quid in some neoprene fisherman's gloves in Aldi the other month.