Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

Found out yesterday that a very good friend has had a stroke :( . She's fit and healthy and only 52. After one of our group's husbands had a massive, life-changing stroke 4 years ago, we're all hoping against hope that hers isn't as bad. She could speak again the morning after it happened apparently, so we're clinging to that being a good sign.

Found out yesterday that a very good friend has had a stroke :( . She's fit and healthy and only 52. After one of our group's husbands had a massive, life-changing stroke 4 years ago, we're all hoping against hope that hers isn't as bad. She could speak again the morning after it happened apparently, so we're clinging to that being a good sign.

I have recently heard of so many 'young' people having strokes :( Does sound hopeful that she has regained her speech so quickly.

Oh dear that is sad, but speaking does sound like a positive sign. Best wishes to her, I hope she makes good progress and can return to as normal a life as possible.

I heard last week that my friend who was diagnosed with a brain tumour 14 months ago, had surgery, chemo and radiotherapy and then some more chemo, on her CT scan to check all was ok as it had been at Easter it has come back and she wil now need more surgury, chemo and biological agent what ever that is.

Life is so unfair at times.

Chrissie

We found out today that a friend of ours who had breast cancer a cople of years ago, now has lung cancer and is on an intensive course of 6 cycles of chemo, every three weeks. It has knocked her and her lovely hubby for six. :(

Life is unfair at times, it makes you take stock and count a few blessings.

Just given ED her wake up call for her uni resit this morning and she has woken up feeling headachey and ill. We spoke to her last night at 8 o'clock and she was off to bed because she was so tired. She was hot and cold all night too. OH and I have been feeling a bit virusy this week but were hoping that she had missed it by going back on Saturday. :(

She is dosing herself up on paracetamol, her exam is three hours long and she has to walk there which will take her about half an hour. I hope that she gets through it ok, she has worked so hard this summer. She only failed this one module and she now understands it fully so hopefully she will be ok. :pray:

She is dosing herself up on paracetamol, her exam is three hours long and she has to walk there which will take her about half an hour. I hope that she gets through it ok, she has worked so hard this summer. She only failed this one module and she now understands it fully so hopefully she will be ok. :pray:

I had the flu when I was doing one of my A-levels, dosed myself up on lemsip etc. Got an A for that exam. I'm sure she will do fine :D

Edited by Guest

Unfortunately ED felt pretty awful throughout the exam. She thinks that 3 questions were ok but the main essay question was a struggle because she couldn't concentrate and had to leave the hall to go to the loo. She told them that she was unwell, to be fair the invidulator took one look at her and told her to contact her faculty office straight after the exam and found her a desk right by the door.

She was given a form and told to get a doctor's note, she has never registered with the student health service, so I called our surgery and they arranged for a doctor to call her straight back which I was really impressed with. I am wondering if there is some nasty virus going around that we are not being told about, because she was told if she got any worse to go to a doctor immediately. The doctor is also posting a note for her to give to the faculty.

She is now home for us to look after, achey and tearful, but glad to be home.

I am going to thank our surgery for being to helpful and nice to her. :D

Be sad to see you go PL tatty bye for now, but I am sure the call of the friendly chicken will draw you back. :wink:

I'm sorry you're going too, PL :( . Hopefully you'll miss us so much you'll be back :wink: .

I'm pleased to report that my friend is making remarkable progress after her stroke and hopes to be home next Tuesday :D . It will be a long haul, I'm sure, but the signs for a complete recovery are looking good.

Sadly, another friend in the same group had to go to A&E with her 19 yr old son who had a seizure (first ever) on the same day she was visiting our friend - he's had a CT scan which showed nothing but has to have more tests. Her 21 yr old daughter had something similar a few years ago and had a few seizures, nothing for a year or so now thankfully, but she's worried it's looking similar :( .

Sorry to see you go PL - only other "London person" on here besides me I think.

:twisted: i am cross - YS for the 2nd time has put a bottle of fizzy drink on its side in my spare fridge,just cleaned up the mess. The last time the drink stuff like glue and despite Civit bang ( bang and the dirt might be gone but the fizzy orange aint) i have sprayed WD40 on the shelf (no food in there) I will probably find the shelf has melted. :lol: Kids :wink: