Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

It's just possible (giving him the benefit of the doubt) that he couldn't see the road markings from where he was, but you'd think he might have thought "oh well, there's obviously something she can see that I can't, or she'd move up" ... that said, even if he didn't and even if the road markings hadn't been there, what would be the point of blocking a junction when we weren't going anywhere?

Is it me? (Trouble is, I tend to assume it IS me and that I AM at fault, but this time, I'm pretty sure I wasn't :oops::oops::oops: )

We had tickets to visit Frogmore House which we really liked but were done by midday so went for a mooch around Oxfordshire. Luckily my atlas has all the places of interest and we ended up at North Leigh Roman Villa. You have to walk a short way from the road but it was worth it. The structure of the villa was clear and it has an amazing mosaic.

Apparently Frogmore House is used often by the royal family as a cosy retreat which reminded me of that Downton Abbey episode when they go to their small country house which is actually enormous.

I forgot I hadn't updated you about the cow nutrition job. I didn't get it! :(

Was a gutted as sounded ideal but they really liked my enthusiasm so are putting me forward for their graduate scheme and keeping my details for future vacancies, so its not all bad :D

Have been looking for other jobs but can't find anything to apply for within reasonable travelling distance or that pays enough to make it worth the commute!

Have been in London this week - went to The Proms at Royal Albert Hall on Monday which was pretty cool 8)

Bought a bike yesterday, for a grand total of £9.99 on eBay! :lol:

This is after my brother spent £230 on a Road bike to take to Uni so hopefully we'll go on a few bike rides.

I bought an exercise bike a few weeks ago, did 20 mins on it yday, 12km so thats better than nothing :)

Hope you get on the graduate scheme Lewis.

On a totally different topic. Yesterday ES brought his girlfriend round to meet us. I can get in a bit of a flap so I decided to have tea and cakes organised in plenty of time to try to look mildly competent. I even decided to fill the kettle up to boil it before hand to save a bit of time. Only to find that the kettle decided to choose that exact moment to break down :shock: I had to call ES to tell him to bring along the kettle too. Not exactly the impression I wanted to give :oops:

The Internet works in wierd an wonderful ways?! :lol:

Currently sat in the festival supermarket at Reading - we slept in it last night for security, got up at 6am and we're working til 8am...

Hoping it'll be a bit cloudy so we can sleep later, earlier the tent was like a greenhouse! :roll:

No, it can't be true - David Cassidy has been held for drink driving :shock: . His mugshot does not do him any favours (he'll not be on a poster on my bedroom wall, that's for sure!).

Oh well it will need to be the Donny Osmond one now :lol: (you have to be a certain age to appreciate that :lol: )

Why oh why. Off to do an Open Day at the archery club as part of Archery GBs Big Weekend which started last year as part of the Olympic events and last year the ground was very water logged by the end of the day and we were very wet, not helped by the fact that we found the club gazebos filtered the rain rather than stopping it :lol::lol:

Since then we have invested in new ones and it would appear they will be put to the test this year.

Why is it one year on and we are going to get wet again. It is such as shame all the work that goes into the day, publishing it, preparing equipment, finding volunteers and the day is wet :x:x:D

Fingers crossed it won't be too bad and the public will brave the weather :D:D

Chrissie

Good to see we have a spooky programme starting tommorrow on BBC1 at 9pm. Called "what remains". Good write up in Mail and need something to replace "returned". Bucketing it down here. Had leak in kitchen - having just repaired the mess from one in hall - then another comes :twisted: Like buses you wait ages for one and 3 come at once :lol: Back is bad today, OH worried I am getting addicted to painkillers - did my back exercises to stretch the spine but no had a good week back wise.

Watched Peter Kay last night - I have to say being for Norff of watford (East Midlander) I do see a lot of myself in his banter and stories and my family. I am guilty of phoning family when I;m abroad to check on weather in Blighty and also of taking T bags for a cuppa. I am not sure if this is a Northern thing or Southerners do it too. Hilarious

Good to see we have a spooky programme starting tommorrow on BBC1 at 9pm. Called "what remains". Good write up in Mail and need something to replace "returned".

Thanks for pointing that out I have put it on to record. I saw it advertised as 'coming soon' recently but did not know when. I sooooo hate it when you are watching an ad thinking I must record that and then you get the coming soon bit :evil: I hope your weather improves.....sorry to say ours is lovely today :oops:

I saw the Peter Kay programme as well....I do ask about the weather too when I phone home :oops:

YS grumbling this morning that "your stupid chicken woke me up crowing " :shock: It was an egg call so I retaliated " no more eggy bread for you son". The number of times HIS kitten has emptied the bins in the house and clawed my sofa. If I wanted rubbish emptied I'd have married a refuse collector aka dustbin man. Kids - hah. :evil: