Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

Continues from Thread of Little Facts and Things 1

I did hunt high and low for some piriton, but it would appear we don't have any. I could have sworn there was some lurking in the cupboard somewhere! I had a couple of painkillers left over from a recent claw injury (that's two she's lost recently, accident prone dog!) so gave her one of those and it seemed to stop the nettle foot shuffle. I will get some of that spray to keep in my dog first aid kit, it might come in handy in the future.

I bought 2 broody-sized TubTrugs and 18 hatching eggs for said broody! :D

Well, 6 for her - 5 pekins (2 Lav from Quigley!, 2 Mille Fleur, 1 cuckoo) and a Speckled Sussex x Araucana from Applewood Bantams

and 12 Buff Orpington bantam eggs in the auction to put in an incy to replace any infertiles under the broody

Put the TubTrug full of bedding in one of my broody coops with the 6 eggs and Dorothy jumped straight on them! 8)

Broody+pekin+in+TubTrug.jpg

Hubby and I emptied one of our compost bins into the raised beds this afternoon. It was mostly really well rotted down but there was enough identifiable stuff to play a fun game of Compost Bingo :lol: We found a mango stone, an avocado stone, a rooty/twiggy piece of wood, lots of eggshells, plenty of worms, a cuddly toy and a bottle of champagne :lol: (Okay, well not quite!)

Lewis, that araucana x speckled sussex sounds interesting, can't wait to see what they turn out like.

I have one of those who is now nine day old, from the same person :D:D called Guinness, I hope she is a she :D:D

Chrissie

I have one under my Pekin Blossom at the moment, candled tonight & appears to be a good 'un :pray: ....any chance of a piccy Chrissie....or are there some over on hatching....not caught up yet :wink:

Went to British Museum yesterday. Haven't done that for ages. We found some rooms I'd missed before, like ancient cartoon strips of battles. I met up with my BIL, his wife and daughter. It was a cosy day out. Got home and MS had cooked tea for all six of us - bratwurst, curry sauce & pasta ! :lol: with a veggie option for DD. That was a nice treat.

Good use for a tub trug Lewis, you should send a picture to tub trug makers :D

I got 2 of them at Melton last weekend, said what they were for and everyone laughed at me ... then Tasha bought 7! :lol:

Hope Guiness is a she, Chrissie! :D

Spent 2 days in bed/on the sofa with flu, had a temp of 38.6 :roll:

Feel much better today, just sick!

Ooo errr, loads of sirens earlier.... an area has been cordoned off at the other end of town after workmen found a device which was fizzing and flaming. The area has been evacuated and the device was believed to have been left from a WW1 munitions factory which was on that spot.

Tin hat on and stationed under my desk! :lol:

Resigned from my catering assistant job today. I have been doing the job for very nearly 11 years. Staying with the same employer but will now be working in a boarding house or two cleaning up after the little darlings :) Less hours :D , no more weekends :D:D , no more late finishes after evening functions :D:D:D , no more early 7am starts :D:D:D:D . I will be home at 1.30pm every day, loads of time, all for me in the afternoons :P

Good for you Ali! :D

Put my car into reverse... it drives forwards! :roll:

Called the RAC out, they had a look and followed me to the garage. Apparently the gear linkage has gone + will be ready for Tuesday. Meant to be back at Uni on Monday but looks like I'll be late!