Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

Good to hear Rosie is getting better :)

Went to the Drs today, as my eczema has flared up (again :( ) got some cream and a new type of moisturiser (called Dermol, never heard of it before) applied some to my face and it doesn't sting, every other moisturiser (diprobase, doublebase etc ) makes my face sting quite a bit. But not this stuff :D. Shame its taken 18 years to find it.

I know that the steroid cream really helps it but (from one who knows) please use it as a last resort (I am sure that you do)..... I used to use it on my hands, and as a child had to go to bed with it slathered on and 'wet' bandages too to help it penetrate. As a result, the skin on my hands is now very thin and wrinkled, in the winter it splits really easily. I'd hate for you to have this happen on your face :(

I use Betnovate ointment on my hands. It took a while for Drs to find something that worked on my eczema which I've had since I was little and originally behind my knees, and I used to use the cream version but found it didn't last as long. I am very careful with it now, but my eczema is under control, so I don't need as much. I'd like to find a cream I can use in between applications, but most don't feel as if they even moisturise my hands :( I now have an interesting type of eczema on my feet which look a bit like blisters, but they are very itchy, are usually in an awkward place like in the arch or under my toes, but soon dry up. Betnovate doesn't seem to touch it though. I do hope the cream helps you Fred. I had one flare up of it on my face when I was a 4th year at school (aka Yr 10).

Karin, I no longer have eczema on my hands but I use Waitrose's Bottom Butter (for babies) on my hands and it is wonderfully moisturising and helps to keep the skin supple. It's just the frequent washing of hands in the morning when I am sorting out the animals which doesn't help. :roll:

003BUMCREAM_228x228.jpg

It's marvellous stuff and I use it all over if my skin is dry.

Angry wasps and bees :roll: One of our old chimneys at work has always had a bee nest in it and they've never really caused any problems, yesterday, the office at the bottom of that chimney reported wasps swarming into their office; I had to evacuate and spray their office, the pest man came out today and treated it from the top and bottom, now we have very angry bees and wasps banging against the windows on that side of the building!

Wonder if someone can catch the swarm of bees? Are they the right type? :think:

Am Stage Managing our 2 youth theatre shows over summer so been sorting the crew this afternoon and arranging CRB checks. Apparently we don't need them but best to get them done just to be safe!

Good luck Fred. What force are you applying to and do you have any help? If we can help in any way, please ask.

Im applying to the Met. I dont need any help yet, still got the paper sift to get through, but if I do, I will send you a pm :D

I'm feeding my friend's four cats this week, and I was a bit worried that I hadn't seen one of them since Sunday night. They are being terrorised by another cat that hangs around the garden and sometimes comes indoors. My friend lives in an upstairs flat, and owns the driveway, but she allows the neighbour downstairs to park his van on her drive. I came downstairs and called, and was convinced that I could hear an answering mew, but no cat was in sight.

I knocked on the neighbour's door, and asked as politely as I could if it was possible that the cat could have got shut into his van ... he advised me, just as politely, that he'd seen her at 5.00 pm and no, he hadn't opened the van up at all today. As I apologised profusely and thanked him, the evil intruder cat slunk out of the bushes behind the van - I'm convinced it's a ventriloquist and was pretending to be locked in the van! He already thinks my friend is bonkers, now he probably thinks I'm as bad ... :oops:

Its amazing if a single woman (assuming your friend is single) has a lot of cats they are thought of as bonkers. A friend of a friend has 8 - shes not bonkers just cant resist a furry face. I suppose its the same with chicken mummies. I know some friends think I am cuckoo. My friend at work wanted to know immediately what my new girls names were. Do we think men with lots of animals are bonkers? Or are men generally just bonkers. :roll: Sorry chaps - I am not a man hater - I love men ( I live with 3 males - 4 if you count our ginger tom) but they do try my patience at times.

*sigh* I know what you mean, people do tend to assume that single woman + more than one cat = 'Bridget Jones'/lonely and slightly weird!

My friend is single, she just loves animals and all her cats have been rescued. She has an extremely busy social life and is away sailing this week, which is why I'm feeding the beasts. There must be blokes who keep animals ... and I'm sure there are some single male chicken-keepers on here!

:dance::dance: Just found out that DH and I are being taken to River Cottage for a Sunday lunch during our holiday in the summer. Soooo excited! It includes a tour round etc. Our daughter is getting married on 3rd June and we are going away for a few days with her, and her new husband, in July. It is a 'thankyou ' meal from them for all our help with the wedding preparations. :D I have always wanted go there. (It is not their honeymoon btw, they are off to Thailand for that :lol: ). x