Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

I had a nice work surprise this week! Due to contract changes and stuff I had two options, either be tupe'd over to a new company or the old company would 'try to find me something to do' (neither of which sounded very exciting!). Not only have they found me something to do, they have offered me a promotion onto the management team and a pay rise! And I will be doing exactly what I enjoy doing most - some clinical work, but mostly troubleshooting, research and reviewing policy (sounds boring, but I love it! Didn't think anyone would want to pay me to do it though :lol: ) And still part time, with the option to do some work from home! :dance::dance:

Well done C! :D

Still can't see it myself + need to lose loads more but thanks DM ;)

Busy weekend here with rehearsals for our youth theatre shows - doing Annie and The Wiz.

Am off to town in a bit for a meeting at the theatre and sort a few bits, we Get In on Sunday :D

Well done Snowy :clap:

Today I've arranged for the credit on our UK Gas and Electric bills to be paid back to us. A nice little windfall :-)

I've also arranged to buy a new (second hand) car which I'll pick up from the garage on Saturday.

I'm feeling rather pleased with my self as I'll still have some money left over after selling our old car back to the garage (it was just too big for us.)

Hi Fred. It is a 1.8 Ford Focus LX, '04, has just under 25 000 miles on the clock and vitro colour, with air con and alloy wheels.

I am stupidly pleased with myself for organising it. I've probably paid a bit over the odds for it but I am happy :D It's coming from the dealer that originally sold it, it has a full service history and will have a year's warranty.

No more Connor the Highlander (Freelander) for us :lol:

The rabbits are moulting with a vengeance - dunno why as it's not especially warm.... unless they know something that I don't! I hand-stripped them at the weekend and got out nearly enough loose hair to make a whole other bunny! :lol:

My 2 were like that a couple of weeks ago, gets everywhere, esp with house rabbit! :roll:

Watson the Lionhead doesn't have a mane at the moment! :lol:

Are Furminators any good DM? Tango only has a short coat but when she moults, boy does it go everywhere :shock::lol: I have spent the last couple of weeks or so looking like a yeti as the hair insists on attaching itself to my clothing. I have a cheapy dog brush, but it doesn't seem to do the job. Had been wondering about a Furminator, but heard some reviews that they seem to cut the coat rather than removing the loose hair?

They are absolutely brilliant - I got ours cheap on t'internet and it's worth every penny.

Cyrus has a short coat but has a winter undercoat which he sheds in the summer; the Furminator is great for getting this out. I also use it on the cats and bunnies when they are moulting.

It doesn't cut the hair (not sure how it can do that) it has a metal (comb) which has very close teeth that grip the hair and take out any loose stuff. Best done outside!

Lovely retirement do last night for a colleague. Another colleague got completely inebriated and ended up collapsing on the floor, thankfully after most people had left. We were close to my house so my OH had to come to the rescue and drive her the 15 miles home, and myself and another colleague put her to bed.

Wouldn't like to be her on Monday (although we've been there before numerous times with her :roll: .) She's older than me, you'd think she'd have learnt by now :wall: .

Oh dear, I hope she doesn't make a habit of it if she's out on her own :?

I used to work with a young girl who'd get herself into a state and could regularly be found face-down on local dancefloors :roll: At one work do she was so bad that I had to take her to the loo... I had to have a motherly word with her as she was putting herself in danger.

A friend I have known for 15 years was diagnosed with a brain tumour yesterday after going to A&E. She was ok on Friday just had a sore ear. A complete shock.

We have texted each other tonight she is in hospital while they try to assess her and stabilise her condition. Don't really know what to say to her but so glad I did text her. I sturggled to write the first text wasn't sure what to say or whether contacting her was the best thing to do. It is so difficult I feel for her family.

Chrissie