chickencam Posted June 1, 2012 Share Posted June 1, 2012 I love the idea of a loo side book on other people's shopping lists I am terrible for looking in other people's baskets and trollies to see what they are buying, so I suppose it is just an extension of this. I have spoken to the hospital myself this morning and to my aunt, they have now discovered that he has a couple of broken ribs and aparently he looks awful. He is confused and keeps trying to get out of bed and knowing him run away back home, but he is resposive to instructions etc. We will probably go to see him when YD gets home from school that way ED can still go to her BBQ this afternoon and then camping later on this evening, it is a good two and a half hour round trip but I think we can sort it so she can see him and her friends. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted June 1, 2012 Share Posted June 1, 2012 A link to my ED's wolf mask photo Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted June 1, 2012 Share Posted June 1, 2012 Your poor grandfather . FIngers crossed for a good recovery. That wolf mask is amazing . I was expecting a bit of cardboard with elastic ear to ear . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted June 1, 2012 Share Posted June 1, 2012 We went to see him this evening and he is very confused and keeps getting agitated and trying to get out of bed. He did have lucid moments though and asked DS about his exams and a few other things. He has always been a talker but he was rambling an awful lot tonight. It is so hard to see him like that but he is in no immediate danger. We will go back over on Sunday . The John Radcliffe hospital in Oxford is maahoosive, so much bigger than when my gran was there 14 years ago. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted June 1, 2012 Share Posted June 1, 2012 Yes, the JR is a horrid great place Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted June 2, 2012 Share Posted June 2, 2012 I love the idea of a loo side book. I dread the idea of anyone else finding my shopping list though , as Him Indoors tinkers with it (it is pinned up and we all add to it - if it isn't on the list, it doesn't get bought). There are always deliberate spelling mistakes (at least I hope they are deliberate) and daft comments. I have been known to burst into laughter in the supermarket aisle when reading it. At least people give me a wide berth, which is useful when steering a trolley. I hope your Grandad soon improves, Chickencam Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
superkitty Posted June 2, 2012 Share Posted June 2, 2012 A link to my ED's wolf mask photo Wow that's FANTASTIC! Who made it?! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted June 2, 2012 Share Posted June 2, 2012 That wolf mask is amazing . I was expecting a bit of cardboard with elastic ear to ear . Yes, so was I! Your ED is very clever, chickencam. Hope things improve with your grandad. Superkitty, here's more about the mask - click in the Crafty Fingers section. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted June 2, 2012 Share Posted June 2, 2012 I love the idea of a loo side book. I dread the idea of anyone else finding my shopping list though , as Him Indoors tinkers with it (it is pinned up and we all add to it - if it isn't on the list, it doesn't get bought). There are always deliberate spelling mistakes (at least I hope they are deliberate) and daft comments. I have been known to burst into laughter in the supermarket aisle when reading it. At least people give me a wide berth, which is useful when steering a trolley. I hope your Grandad soon improves, Chickencam I can never resist reading lists left behind in shopping trolleys! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sue_F Posted June 2, 2012 Share Posted June 2, 2012 I always want to buy whatever is on the list!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Geoid Posted June 2, 2012 Share Posted June 2, 2012 Did some more work on my house today, removed a fireplace that weighed 65 stone (according to the markings in the concrete), removed 5 (!) sheets of horrible lino from under the living room carpet (which was also nasty) and found some quite nice tiles underneath and with a quick scrub up, I reckon they will look quite nice also screwed down the loose floorboards in the main bedroom and put underlay down ready for the new flooring which I will put on tomorrow. I also won £8.90 on the lottery Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted June 3, 2012 Share Posted June 3, 2012 Congratulations - that will go towards the renovations! I've just been to the local nursery - it is a nursery, not a 'garden centre'. I thought I saw a bird flash by me through one of the big doorways, and then shortly afterwards I was perusing the boxes of fertiliser, and saw it again. They have two robins nesting on top of a shelf full of fertiliser and lawn feed! I could hear the nestlings 'fizz' when mum arrived with a beak full of breakfast. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted June 3, 2012 Share Posted June 3, 2012 Good work Fred! We've had our annual street party today; lovely despite the rain and a good day was had by all. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted June 4, 2012 Share Posted June 4, 2012 the sun has just come out and gone back in going to a friends street party. Anyone fed up of seeing ads with sunny days and lotsa food when the reality is its freezing and wet. But we Brits can party whatever cant we? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted June 4, 2012 Share Posted June 4, 2012 We postponed our Jubilee archery shoot yesterday to today so I hope the weather is better, it seems to be clouding over again. We are having a posh afternoon tea afterwards. So please stay dry Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted June 4, 2012 Share Posted June 4, 2012 I always want to buy whatever is on the list!!! I do most of my shopping online from OCADO, but usually need to go native once a week for something - I am going to start taking any lists that I find! I will then start a thread on here - hopefully a few other Omleteers will join in and see what funnies we turn up! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lavenders_Blue Posted June 4, 2012 Author Share Posted June 4, 2012 I have had a lovely afternoon today. Went out walking with the dog for a couple of hours, part of which was past some beautifully scented broad bean fields. Then came back and had a cuppa and some home made cake and sat watching the wild birds feeding their young from our bird feeder. Just had some dinner and am now settling down to watch the Queen's Jubilee Concert. Robbie Williams looks a bit grumpy Not a Royalist perhaps. Off to a Jubilee event and fun dog show tomorrow in town. I'm hoping Tango is going to be well behaved and not sniff all the other dogs' bums like she did last time I took her to a fun dog show! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted June 4, 2012 Share Posted June 4, 2012 II'm hoping Tango is going to be well behaved and not sniff all the other dogs' bums like she did last time I took her to a fun dog show! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted June 4, 2012 Share Posted June 4, 2012 The dogs and I rescued a baby blackbird in the park, it was being mobbed by crows. Ruby chased the crows off and I had to hang onto Cyrus who was rather too interested in the fledgling. The crows were still circling but the wee bird was reasonably well feathered and didn't appear to be hurt so I carefully put it in some bushes about 2 feet away so that the crows couldn't get to it. Just bee to see the beacon lighting a couple of miles away on Burton Dassett hills; great gig with live music, food stalls and fireworks. It's really high up there so we could see plenty of other beacons including the one in Malvern which was lit just before ours. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted June 4, 2012 Share Posted June 4, 2012 We could see the Malvern beacon from our bedroom window Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lavenders_Blue Posted June 5, 2012 Author Share Posted June 5, 2012 Off to a Jubilee event and fun dog show tomorrow in town. I'm hoping Tango is going to be well behaved and not sniff all the other dogs' bums like she did last time I took her to a fun dog show! A good afternoon was had at the fun dog show this afternoon. Hubby and I took Tango, and my Mum also came along with her ancient terrier and my brother's dog who is on hols with her this week. I entered Tango in two classes - Prettiest Girl and Best Rescue. She wasn't placed in Prettiest Girl (despite being the prettiest girl there! ) but was placed 2nd in Best Rescue and won a rosette and some dog treats I entered my brother's dog Teddy in Handsomest Boy, but he wasn't placed (probably due to being too fat and looking like a toilet roll ). Mum's dog Harry was entered in Best Veteran and won 2nd place, so was also awarded a rosette and some dog treats. The fun dog show was organised and run by the rescue I got Tango from, so I was pleased to be able to go along and support it. The staff remembered Tango and were pleased to see her and hear how she was getting on with us, which was nice. They also took along some of their dogs needing homes - hubby had to physically restrain me especially from the gorgeous staffy pup and the lovely saluki lurcher they had, sadly he was too big to sneak home in my handbag Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted June 6, 2012 Share Posted June 6, 2012 Anyone else think it was cold last night? I had the stove going so it was warm downstairs, but I had my winter PJs on in bed last night. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lillybettybabs Posted June 6, 2012 Share Posted June 6, 2012 Yep, Foggy was on my lap which is normally a good temperature gauge. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Geoid Posted June 6, 2012 Share Posted June 6, 2012 2 rooms in my house are now finished The main bedroom has been transformed from this: To this: Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted June 6, 2012 Share Posted June 6, 2012 That looks fab, well done . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...