Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

I love the idea of a loo side book on other people's shopping lists :lol: I am terrible for looking in other people's baskets and trollies to see what they are buying, so I suppose it is just an extension of this.

I have spoken to the hospital myself this morning and to my aunt, they have now discovered that he has a couple of broken ribs and aparently he looks awful. He is confused and keeps trying to get out of bed and knowing him run away back home, but he is resposive to instructions etc. We will probably go to see him when YD gets home from school that way ED can still go to her BBQ this afternoon and then camping later on this evening, it is a good two and a half hour round trip but I think we can sort it so she can see him and her friends.

We went to see him this evening and he is very confused and keeps getting agitated and trying to get out of bed. He did have lucid moments though and asked DS about his exams and a few other things. He has always been a talker but he was rambling an awful lot tonight. It is so hard to see him like that but he is in no immediate danger. We will go back over on Sunday .

The John Radcliffe hospital in Oxford is maahoosive, so much bigger than when my gran was there 14 years ago. :shock:

I love the idea of a loo side book. :lol:

I dread the idea of anyone else finding my shopping list though , as Him Indoors tinkers with it (it is pinned up and we all add to it - if it isn't on the list, it doesn't get bought). There are always deliberate spelling mistakes (at least I hope they are deliberate) and daft comments. I have been known to burst into laughter in the supermarket aisle when reading it. At least people give me a wide berth, which is useful when steering a trolley.

I hope your Grandad soon improves, Chickencam

That wolf mask is amazing 8):clap: . I was expecting a bit of cardboard with elastic ear to ear :lol: .

Yes, so was I! :lol: Your ED is very clever, chickencam. Hope things improve with your grandad.

Superkitty, here's more about the mask - click in the Crafty Fingers section.

I love the idea of a loo side book. :lol:

I dread the idea of anyone else finding my shopping list though , as Him Indoors tinkers with it (it is pinned up and we all add to it - if it isn't on the list, it doesn't get bought). There are always deliberate spelling mistakes (at least I hope they are deliberate) and daft comments. I have been known to burst into laughter in the supermarket aisle when reading it. At least people give me a wide berth, which is useful when steering a trolley.

I hope your Grandad soon improves, Chickencam

I can never resist reading lists left behind in shopping trolleys!

Did some more work on my house today, removed a fireplace that weighed 65 stone (according to the markings in the concrete), removed 5 (!) sheets of horrible lino from under the living room carpet (which was also nasty) and found some quite nice tiles underneath and with a quick scrub up, I reckon they will look quite nice also screwed down the loose floorboards in the main bedroom and put underlay down ready for the new flooring which I will put on tomorrow.

I also won £8.90 on the lottery :D

:lol: Congratulations - that will go towards the renovations!

I've just been to the local nursery - it is a nursery, not a 'garden centre'. I thought I saw a bird flash by me through one of the big doorways, and then shortly afterwards I was perusing the boxes of fertiliser, and saw it again. They have two robins nesting on top of a shelf full of fertiliser and lawn feed! I could hear the nestlings 'fizz' when mum arrived with a beak full of breakfast.

I always want to buy whatever is on the list!!!

I do most of my shopping online from OCADO, but usually need to go native once a week for something - I am going to start taking any lists that I find! I will then start a thread on here - hopefully a few other Omleteers will join in and see what funnies we turn up!

I have had a lovely afternoon today. Went out walking with the dog for a couple of hours, part of which was past some beautifully scented broad bean fields. Then came back and had a cuppa and some home made cake and sat watching the wild birds feeding their young from our bird feeder. Just had some dinner and am now settling down to watch the Queen's Jubilee Concert. Robbie Williams looks a bit grumpy :? Not a Royalist perhaps. Off to a Jubilee event and fun dog show tomorrow in town. I'm hoping Tango is going to be well behaved and not sniff all the other dogs' bums like she did last time I took her to a fun dog show! :lol:

The dogs and I rescued a baby blackbird in the park, it was being mobbed by crows. Ruby chased the crows off and I had to hang onto Cyrus who was rather too interested in the fledgling. The crows were still circling but the wee bird was reasonably well feathered and didn't appear to be hurt so I carefully put it in some bushes about 2 feet away so that the crows couldn't get to it.

Just bee to see the beacon lighting a couple of miles away on Burton Dassett hills; great gig with live music, food stalls and fireworks. It's really high up there so we could see plenty of other beacons including the one in Malvern which was lit just before ours. 8)

Off to a Jubilee event and fun dog show tomorrow in town. I'm hoping Tango is going to be well behaved and not sniff all the other dogs' bums like she did last time I took her to a fun dog show! :lol:

A good afternoon was had at the fun dog show this afternoon. Hubby and I took Tango, and my Mum also came along with her ancient terrier and my brother's dog who is on hols with her this week.

I entered Tango in two classes - Prettiest Girl and Best Rescue. She wasn't placed in Prettiest Girl (despite being the prettiest girl there! :lol: ) but was placed 2nd in Best Rescue and won a rosette and some dog treats :dance:

I entered my brother's dog Teddy in Handsomest Boy, but he wasn't placed (probably due to being too fat and looking like a toilet roll :lol: ).

Mum's dog Harry was entered in Best Veteran and won 2nd place, so was also awarded a rosette and some dog treats.

The fun dog show was organised and run by the rescue I got Tango from, so I was pleased to be able to go along and support it. The staff remembered Tango and were pleased to see her and hear how she was getting on with us, which was nice. They also took along some of their dogs needing homes - hubby had to physically restrain me :lol: especially from the gorgeous staffy pup and the lovely saluki lurcher they had, sadly he was too big to sneak home in my handbag :(