Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

We've been doing The Wiz at the theatre all week, last night we Got Out for The Wiz and start again for a completely different show, Annie!

Really looking forward to it.

Went out in town with all my backstage-crew last night so expecting todays technical run to go slowly :lol:

i refuse to watch Sun sex and suspicious parents. I might go and stay in the next resort along to and take a wig so i can keep an eye on him. No on second thoughts wont - I would develop high blood pressure. I am glad I have boys - i take my hats off to those mums with girls. My friend has a 12 yr old just started her periods and bless her shes hell. That and my friend and her menopause. We giggle at it but I couldnt cope with it. ES tells me everything - sometimes I wish he didnt. hey ho. Joys of motherhood :D

i take everything back - I want a girl. ES in strop as favourite T shirt is in wash - blow me down hes more T shirts in this house than Hollister - people starving in 3rd world and hes having a strop. Mum is upset and cross. Am going out so told OH when washing machine stops - take the T shirt out and hang on washing line. Its so windy.

i take everything back - I want a girl. ES in strop as favourite T shirt is in wash - blow me down hes more T shirts in this house than Hollister - people starving in 3rd world and hes having a strop. Mum is upset and cross. Am going out so told OH when washing machine stops - take the T shirt out and hang on washing line. Its so windy.

:lol::lol::lol: DD age 31 threw a major strop this morning because I made DH a cooked breakfast as a thank you as he's building my greenhouse and didnt cook any for her :roll: Thankfully her house purchase is near completion :pray::clap::pray:

This is the first time I've sat down all day :shock: so much for a lovely weekend on my own, just pottering around.

Dropped into our local feed store today and had a cuddle of a lovely 11 week old black springer spaniel puppy... her ears smelled delicious and her mum was more than happy to let this strange woman snuggle the puppy while she sorted out the dog tags. *sighs*

Puppy broody DM? :lol: You can have Tango if you like - she rolled in fox poo this afternoon (not content with looking like a fox she's now decided she needs to smell like one too :roll: ) so had to be bathed. She has since spent the rest of the afternoon and evening letting off disgusting, smelly farts. Revolting dog!

Feeling a bit annoyed with myself. I did the Race for Life with my sisters and two of my nieces today. Ran the start then walked as my shin splints were playing up. Then on the last KM or so, walked quickly to overtake some women, and something went pop in my right calf muscle. Arghony! I managed to finish by walking with my foot pointing outwards, but was so gutted I couldn't do it quicker. Still, we did it in just under 50 mins, which I am pleased about. Now Googling to see what best to do. Have take 'prufen, rubbed on warming cream and have it up and am stretching my toes up and down using a physio belt thing. Someone on-line mentioned I could be off my feet for 2 weeks!! :cry:

I've just had that Karin - for the second time... I feel your pain.

Ruptured 'Gastroc' Ice it and keep it up until the swelling has gone down, wear a support and once the swelling has dissipated, try to walk carefully on it to maintain the full range of movement. My osteopath did some work on it and it was a lot better afterwards. I does heal fairly quickly.... a week on and I'm walking normally again.

I am lying on the sofa, leg propped up with an ice pack (on 20 mins then off 20 mins) and using Brias crutches to get about - thank god we have two sets! the pic is exactly where is hurts. I hope it will be better soon as we will have new pup here in a few weeks. Not to mention my poor hubby having to drop off and pick Bria up from school. thankfully work is a bit quiet.

The first 36 hours are painful, so take some anti-inflams if you are able to. It is important to keep it strapped and to keep moving the foot/calf through the whole range of movement to make sure that the muscle doesn't heal short or incorrectly. Use a crutch or stick if that helps.

It's normally a sprinting injury caused by 'explosive' movement, which is how I first did it about 10 years ago... running the 100m mothers' race at school sports day; kind of embarrassing for someone who used to run 100m for the school at county level. I still have some scar tissue on that leg, it doesn't bother me too much but I no longer sprint. It can fully heal if you take care with it and some laser treatment helped mine the first time I did it.

Hope it gets better soon.

I pulled a muscle in my calf a year or so ago by stretching behind the sofa to pick something up :oops: . My whole calf turned bright red and hot and it was so painful and different from any other muscle pull I'd had I took myself off to A&E. They couldn't really explain why it had gone so red and hot so just treated it normally. It was a bit embarrassing explaining how I did it :lol: .