Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

Am having one of Those Evenings :roll:

Got home looking forward to a lovely walk across the fields near a village about 10 mins drive away, loaded the hounds into the car, got about 5 mins away when I heard a rattle and then a hissing (window was open). Just as I suspected I'd got a puncture, luckily it wasn't in one of the new front tyres. Tried pumping it back up but there was half a Stanley Knife blade embedded in the tyre so yanked that out and got it inflated enough to drive to the local Kwik Fit, have left it there with a note through their door that I'll be there when they open at 8.30am to get it sorted. I'd have changed the tyre if it hadn't meant getting the dogs out of the boot :roll:

Bum!

Just had the fright of my life.

I'm in Derby, with my parents, who are helping me renovate my house. Just finished a long days work (started at 9am finished at 10pm) so we went to the local pub. I was hungry so I went with my mum to the local takeaway, leaving my dad in the pub. Came back to the house (with pizza) only to find the door slightly open and rustling noises coming from inside! I thought it was burglars, so mum went to the pub to get my dad and I called 999. Whilst I was on the phone to the police, my dad steps out the front door! He had left the pub early. I apologised to the police, but they didn't mind being called.

Edited by Guest

That was a close run thing Fred!

A neighbour had an attempted break in on Saturday at 4am... did she ring the police? No, she called me at 9am the next day having been terrified since then :roll: got the police out for her; the would-be burglar had broken their fence and left tracks across the next door's garden, so some evidence there. I can't understand why she didn't let her dog out :doh:

I have given them the number of my sparky to fit some PIR lights. Luckily my two dogs bark at any noises out the back; if someone tried it on my back door they'd bet the fright of their lives as I bet that my two can to 0-30mph much quicker than any human... there'd be a burglar-shaped hole in the garden fence :lol:

Ughhh! I've been so ill over the last 24 hours. I honestly don't think I've ever been as bad. Better today, I don't look so ghoulish and I've got dressed. This is one of those times when I wouldn't be without a shower.Let the ladies out and did a little bit of gardening which makes me feel better. I'm still not feeling hungry so I don't know whether to eat or not.

Had some sort of stomach bug since last Tuesday, awful diarrhea since Thursday and have hardly eaten anything since then - lost 7lb so every cloud has a silver lining. Sample gone to doctors for lab analysis today. Still not right, wandered round the garden this morning but now exhausted and back sitting in bed.

Doctor gave me Dioralyte (yuk) and told me not to have anything with carbon dioxide in it. Also huge list of things not to eat when I first begin to feel better - including eggs :shock: .

BUT - I have found ice lollies a good way of getting fluid - poor OH apparently spent ages at the freezer cabinets in Asda yesterday as neither of us have had an ice lolly in years and he didn't know what to buy :lol: .

Sorted out my gas, electricity and water bills today. Since I dont have a phone line (yet) I had to ring from my mobile (expensive), so the bloke from EDF took my number and rang me back, so I didn't have to pay for the call! Which was nice of him :D

Talking to the person about the water supply, he took my date of birth, then asked, are you the tenant? Which I replied no, im the owner. I still cant get over the fact that I own a whole house!

Also re-plumbed the kitchen and made a support for the new false ceiling (with downlighting), just need to add a cooker, sink etc