Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

No, no not threatening just annoying. Particularly yesterday as I was still hobbling about from my torn calf muscle and I thought it was my hubby calling from town. To start with he was pretending to be a friend of my sons and gave me a number. A few seconds later he phoned back and said he was another friend, I said who was it and I can't remember what he said but I then hung up. He then called again seconds later which I let the answer phone pick up and said he was calling in return to a call my hubby had left, but in the most ridiculous voice. Today my hubby picked up but thought it was the usual PIP etc calls and just hung up. He then called straight back and said he was from Virgin and they had noticed we have been illegally downloading and when I asked for his name he said Mr Mickey taker (not really but you get the drift) so I hung up. He phoned again but I let the answer phone take it but he didn't leave a message this time and when I did 1471 he'd withheld his number.

Like I say not threatening, just a nuisance as it's a lot of phone calls in a short period of time, and as there is no need to him to be phoning, especially after over a year of no contact

That sounds very annoying about the calls... hopefully they'll get bored of doing it :roll:

A few years ago a friend kept getting silent calls on her mobile. We could hear someone there breathing but they didn't speak. Thy just kept ringing. In the end we let a rape alarm off next to the mouthpiece and, after leaving a very abusive message, the caller never bothered her again! We never found out who it was. Not suggesting you should take this course of action!! :lol:

Your phone service provider will give you a PIN to input when they next call, this will bar the caller. I had to use this service a couple of years back when I had a pretty ghastly stalker. :roll:

It is much easier to block calls to a mobile.

If you want to take it further then the police take nuisance calls very seriously.

Well done Rosie. My YS's sports day was cancelled after his friend fractured his tibial crest and dislocated his kneecap whilst high jumping :shock: Poor boy fractured his skull a few weeks ago when YS kicked a football that hit him in the head causing him to fall and bash his head on the tarmac :shock: The words accident and prone spring to mind :anxious:

You may all think this is a really daft thing to get worked up about but.....

I'm going to London, all by myself today :shock: ....meeting DD's year group mummies for dinner..staying over...and coming back by train too :shock:

I am the country mouse who needs her hand held in the Big Smoke, and will have no friendly hand to grab for most of the time I'm there :shock:

Please send me happy, confident vibes :anxious:

Not a daft thing to get worked up about. I went there a few years ago with just me and my hubby for his bday. I made sure I planned the tubes we were taking down to the last detail as I was so worried about getting us lost. We did it and I was very pleased with myself :D Have a fantastic time! I am sending you some virtual positive vibes :D