Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

:lol: most men are like that in the kitchen :roll: Phil seems to be the only exception... he can't cook for toffee but is very good at tidying so we split the tasks when he is around at weekends.

Fred, I think we need some photos of all this work. You're doing a great job and I hope that you are keeping a photo diary of how it looked before you started and the progress.

I have a tired lion sitting on my sofa this am eating a bagel :shock: Its my 11 yr old who played the lead in the end of term play last night - a take on The Lion King. He was Mustafa - Simbas dad. He was brilliant - make up took a bit of getting off mind. He leaves school this Friday - you will remember problems in Yr 4 and 5 - posted many times. Hes matured and apart from the odd bit of moodiness (pre puberty :shock: ) hes a lot happier. Secondary school in Sept. Proud mum here. :D

I remember the same feelings of pride watching my DS playing Peter in The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe in his yr 6 play. He could barely speak when he started school and had various difficulties, still a bit of an oddity, but he did so well in that role and has gone on to hopefully get good grades in his GCSE's he certainly looked like he was taking it all seriously, the proof will come on 23rd August. :roll:

I bet you will shed a few more tears before the week is out :wink: Good luck to him. :D

I feel your pain - last night he (16 yr old ES) regaled me with which T shirts he wants to take on holiday :eh: like I care - I have 4 to pack for - I day left at work -hens to clean out and transport to friends and umpteen other tasks. adv him not to wear said T shirts - he said he didnt want to cause me extra washing :think: guess who will need the holiday moi. :lol: All this so he can be a babe magnet :shock: help

Good luck Katy. I don't honestly think I could do it. Lot's of rescue remedy required and probably some Pepto Bismol.

Re kids sleeping in, I think I will be judged to be horrible. If they've been working very late or obviously nights or have done something I admire and judge worthy I leave them be. Otherwise, I wake them by 9 am. I'm very nice, prepare breakfast but expect them to get up. They are adults and don't really have to comply but they do. I can hear all this heavy, staggering upstairs but they accept it. I've treated them as adults since they were 16 as that is old enough to be working person . I figure that if they choose to live within my radar then my rules apply

Got up very early to do exercise and then dug over and prepped bed for veggies. I've no idea if it's too late to plant seeds but I'm working on the theory that we're going to have a warm autumn. My theory, no one else's.

I had no idea how nice it is to garden in the early morning, I was out there at 10 pm too. Much nicer than middle of the day when it's a chore in between other chores. Chickens are happy and quiet too with a giant pile of bolted stuff. I can hear the baby squirrels too.

I was doing gardening too yesterday - nothing fun mind you, just s"Ooops, word censored!"ing all the horrid, wet, liquid mud out of the chicken pen and putting straw down for the girls. They were so happy so all worth it. Put the horrid mud on the veg beds so I'll be hoping for a bumper crop next year as it's very *ahem* fertile! I've been in despair with the rain and the mud this year but still keeping my fingers for an Indian summer!

I saw a great one the other day that was worn by a (ahem) slightly rounded gentleman that said 'Sex and Drugs and Sausage Rolls' :D

My favourite one of my own t-shirts says 'if you can read this, make me a sandwich'. I think it's hilarious but I do get some odd looks sometimes. :lol:

Just got back from the Olympic opening ceremony full dress rehearsal, I thought it was a bit strange but I cant tell you why or show you any photos. The tube was packed on the way home, it is going to be horrendous with all the tourists etc.

Went to see my GP about my eczema (again) got prescribed a load of stuff, cost £40! If I had chronic asthma the prescription would have been free, why isnt it with chronic eczema (or other chronic illnesses) ?