Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

ES called me yesterday to say that he'd turned up at his driving theory test but wasn't allowed to sit it because he didn't have the paper part of his provisional license. Despite me telling him he'd need it and actually giving it to him :wall: .

I spent the next hour and a half cursing the idiocy of youth and the loss of £31.

I then got a call to say he'd walked home from the test centre, found the bit of paper (which he'd professed not to have :roll: ), cycled back to the centre where they allowed him to sit the test which he passed (with 49/50 on the multiple choice 8) ).

I ate my words :oops: .

ES called me yesterday to say that he'd turned up at his driving theory test but wasn't allowed to sit it because he didn't have the paper part of his provisional license. Despite me telling him he'd need it and actually giving it to him :wall: .

I spent the next hour and a half cursing the idiocy of youth and the loss of £31.

I then got a call to say he'd walked home from the test centre, found the bit of paper (which he'd professed not to have :roll: ), cycled back to the centre where they allowed him to sit the test which he passed (with 49/50 on the multiple choice 8) ).

I ate my words :oops: .

Well done ANH's ES some would have just given up and not been bothered but well done for getting there in the end. Good result, good luck with the driving :D

Chrissie

I took the afternoon off yesterday to accompany Rosie to her beginning of term tutor appointment; she was given a platinum award, which is the highest award in any subject; this one was across all areas. We were also told that she's predicted to get an A* in maths and biology with As for the rest of her subjects.

I'm a happy Mummy! 8)

I was stopped by the police yesterday. :shock::shock:

They called me over to the car and asked what I was doing, I showed them the bucket of brambles with my very stained hands holding the handle. The young constable (who didn't look old enough to shave)) looked out the window and said " So what's that then" :wall::wall:

His partener nearly wet himself laughing :lol:

I was then asked if there was any chance I could drop a crumble off at the station for his tea.

Cheeky blighters.

Sage

My house renovations are very near to being completed :D

The carpet fitters have arrived and are busy fitting the carpet, and I am putting together the numerous boxes of flat pack furniture (spent over £600 in Ikea :shock: )

The carpet is coming from a small local company I found, and they are charging less than half the price than the big carpet chains, for exactly the same stuff!

Had a bargainacious afternoon; went to a local nursery (Wyatt's for those in the area) to get a couple of lovely, scented roses for the garden and got chatting to their butcher - they have a sort of local produce shop thing going on - wangled 2 skinned and jointed bunnies for a FIVER! 8) Am delighted and we will have rabbit stew done in the slow cooker with the hounds having some raw bits as well. He'd prepped them really well and included the kidneys to add extra flavour.

They do the most divine home made ice cream too - made in small batches, the mandarin sorbet is dream-like.

Wyatt's is near Great Rollright/Hook Norton for those in the area; they have a lovely cafe with home cooked food and the plants are really well looked after by knowledgeable staff.

I had a slightly less delicious-sounding, but equally pleasing bargainacious afternoon yesterday :D . Went to Homebase to pick up an office-type chair for YS's room at uni (he's got a hard plastic chair at present, not particularly comfy for computer use/studying :roll: ). Full price £65, reduced to £44.95. Out of stock so they sold me the display model for £24.95 8) .

Love a bargain! :lol:

Went to the Safari Park on Thursday, was SO funny!

A female rhino was wallowing in the mud, stood up and headbutted the front of friends car, scratched the plastic bumper but is fine.

You're meant to feed ridiculously expensive goat feed in a tiny box but all the animals wanted our breadsticks!

We were chased by a deer for literally half an hour 'cos she wanted our breadsticks, had a camels head in the car wanting the same ... have videos of both!

Think you probably had to be there but haven't laughed that much for ages :lol:

I had a slightly less delicious-sounding, but equally pleasing bargainacious afternoon yesterday :D . Went to Homebase to pick up an office-type chair for YS's room at uni (he's got a hard plastic chair at present, not particularly comfy for computer use/studying :roll: ). Full price £65, reduced to £44.95. Out of stock so they sold me the display model for £24.95 8) .

Ooo I did well in Homebase yesterday, too. I've been looking for an "odd" kitchen cupboard to fill the space in my kitchen units that's meant to be filled by a tumble dryer. Spotted a possible "box" lurking in the reduced section in Homebase yesterday - £100 reduced to £20!!!!!!! That'll do nicely, I thought!!! It doesn't have a door but I've decided to use wicker baskets in it instead of trying to find a door that comes close to matching my existing units. Bargain or what!!!!!!!!??????? Put it together and installed it yesterday, can't say I'd be impressed with the quality of it if I'd paid full price, but at £20, I'm well chuffed :P8)

Bad news... Phil's dad has been taken into hospital; he's a retired farmer and always been very healthy, he caught pneumonia after Christmas and his heart is bad now, he got worse about a week ago and Phil was waiting all weekend for a phone call for him to rush back. He's in the best place but it's been very stressful recently, what with my mother poorly too.