Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

When we were going through my nans paperwork after she died recently, we found some lovely old photos which she'd written on the back of. The most touching one was a very early photo booth photo of her and my grandad, taken when they were 16 and 18 (they were childhood sweethearts) which she had found in his wallet after he died in his 60's (30-odd years ago). She didnt know he had kept it, and had written on the back that he must have swapped it from wallet to wallet over the decades without her ever knowing. Was lovely..but definitely brought on a few tears :cry:

Proud Dogmother moment at the weekend; my Ruby came joint 4th out of 64 dogs when she got through to the semi-finals of the UK's biggest lurcher lure coursing event in Peterborough on Sunday. She even beat a couple of professional coursing dogs and this was only her second outing on a lure course as opposed to a straight course.

There were over 100 dogs there on the day, so very noisy as most of them join in to bay at the lure even if they're not racing :roll: the rain held off and we have a fantastic day 8) I am sure that her success was helped by inter-race massages from LBB :D Moochoo's dog Jenson did very well too, coming joint 4th in the semi-final of the 32 dog stake.

A friend took this photo of her racing - she's the white dog

IMG_7923.jpg

Delighted to hear Hilary Mantel has won the Man Booker prize....again.... I'm a long time fan of her writing, and I'm really pleased with this result!

I was thrilled too - 'Wolf Hall' was absolutely brilliant, I haven't read the new one but it will be on my wish-list. I think she is a really great writer, but I suspected that perhaps she wouldn't win just because she has already won it once. Her book 'A Place of Greater Safety' is another one I'd recommend - although her less serious novels are also worth reading.

I don't look or post on this thread often,but I wanted to share that I have become an Auntie :D

Well,I am already an Auntie to my SIL's children,but I feel like a PROPER Auntie now that my sister has had a baby.

My sister & her partner endured 3 lots of IVF (a botched appendicitis op left her infertile), & had given up as none were successful.

But then we were left some money by my late Grandmum,& they decided for 1 more try so went to Spain to use a donor egg........& it worked :P

The birth was tough by all accounts & I don't have many details yet,but I can't wait to meet my little niece :P

Lovely news Sarah :D

The sun was shining here this morning and it was showing up way too much dirt for my liking so I decided to give the bathroom a deep clean, particularly the venetian blind and in the process of wiping the slats one of them cut deeply into the end of my thumb, think paper cut only worse :doh::vom::cry: I then cut the top of one of my fingers too, but the blinds are all sparkly now :roll:

The blinds are plastic, I perhaps should be glad that they aren't metal, I always seem to injure myself when cleaning, over the years I have fallen off stools banged my head numerous times, trapped my thumb in a window hinge and numerous other bumps and bruises. The moral of this story is cleaning is dangerous :roll::lol:

Today coming out of Costa coffe with OH I saw this bloke and thought he looks familiar - it was Minty out of eastenders now in Call the Midwife which they are filming up the road. he was holding 4 cups of coffee. Poor man - this mad woman staring at him. :lol: The other week I nearly ran Billy Mitchell out of Eastenders over as he walked in front of my car when coming out of Wickes. The urge to open window and shout "Billllleeeeeeeeeeeeee" Bianca style was huge. :wink: