Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

My house is finished :D

Been trying to sort out the phone line so I can get broadband etc, BT wanted £130 to reconnect it, but it was free if I chose broadband too, and it came with free evening and weekend calls. Thought it was a good deal, so I signed up. Got a phone call today from BT, saying the earliest they could connect was the 9th of November! So, I rang up Virgin Media and they can connect me next week, and I get a better deal :D .

...speaking of Virgin Media.....our phones (we have 2 lines into our house) have both stopped, intermittently, accepting incoming calls. It rings for the person phoning, but not our end! Engineer coming tomorrow, but no idea why it would have suddenly stopped as the phones have been in and not moved for many years :?

My YD (12) and 9 of her school mates (along with 90 other pupils from 10 other schools around the country) have won a weeks Outward Bound trip to Ullswater through this The final day is actually her 13th birthday so very exciting for her. She has juvenile arthritis for which she has weekly injections to help control and she was worried she wouldn't be able to go, but we will work it out. Looks scary stuff, but I am sure she will love it!

I was shocked by the news of the two WPCs being murdered too :( The News is so sad and disheartening that sometimes I feel like I have to make myself watch so I am aware of current affairs but really don't want to..

If middle age doesn't begin until 55 what is the age before that? You can be a child, teenager, youth / young person...great-big blank to cover the next twenty-odd years....then middle-aged at 55! :lol:

I was feeling old the other week. Our Government Minister changed (I work in Westminister) and his replacement is 33 years old. I'm a few months older than him and don't feel like a grown-up yet! :lol:

I hate mornings like this. ED doesn't need to go into school till 10.30 today so thought we'd have a nice quiet relaxing morning. Sadly DS had other ideas and decided to go over the handlebars of his bike on the way to school. He is ok, 'man area' pain and I was informed by him "It's not broken!" I feel awful as I knew his rear brakes needed looking at but I didn't realise they were this bad. Nice chap at Cafe Nero brought him inside, sat him down and gave him a drink and phoned me to let me know. School have told him to not do pe today :shock: I feel so helpless as I don't drive, hubby is a good half an hour away with no mobile phone signal, and my parents who are usually always in aren't :cry:

Going to have a coffee now before taking ED in.

Just had to order the OCR Economics book as YS's teacher is so poor. She can't control the class and doesn't know the subject, he has had to correct her a few times and he is new to the subject and only 14 :anxious: He spoke to the head of year and the Economics teacher's response has been a change in the seating plan. YS is now sat next to a child that doesn't want to learn instead of the only other child in the class that does :twisted:

Went shopping in Street today. I've lost a bit of weight and fed up with being a scruff bag so bought two gorgeous coats. Trouble is, Street also has Cadburys shop so came home with carrier bag of chocolate - again. It happens every time, I don't learn. Lovely trip to West Country, popped into Somerton which is where I'd like to live I think.

I also want to get a new motorbike jacket but the ones I like - Belstaff Trialmaster are horrendously expensive. Got some planning to do - poor OH.

YS 11 has managed to come home with his own and another childs jumper. :shock: So somewhere is a mum ranting at her child about losing a not cheap jumper 3 weeks into secondary school. I have no way of contacting child. YS seems to be settling at last. Not as bad as brother who came home from cub camp with his uniform and a mates. Boys. ES's friend 16 is sporting a gelled back hair style and earring. Dont like the hair makes him look middleaged - I bet his pillows a mess. Such a handsome lad too. Boys :wall:

:lol: I know what I've got to look forward to in the years to come then Alis girls :lol:

Son came home with the class teddy bear today and is ridiculously excited by it! So far the bear has helped feed the chickens and the guinea pigs (pics already on Facebook, I'm quite chuffed really :roll::lol: ).

I used to love shopping at Street patsylabrador. OH's grandparents used to live between Bridgwater and Minehead so we often used to pop into Street on the way there or back. Sadly they are no longer with us so we have no reason to be down that neck of the woods anymore. And yes, the Cadbury shop is fatal! :lol: Got some real bargains though, especially bras! :lol: I remember the car park being a total nightmare, especially on a weekend.

Edited to clarify I didn't buy bras in the Cadbury shop! No such nonsense as chocolate undies in this house! :oops::roll::lol:

Looney, you're going to find this loony but we like Street so much that we leave London at 7am to get there as the shops open, the car parks are empty and the coach trips haven't got there. We have breakfast there and usually leave by 11am. Queues are starting to form and that's our cue to leave.

Strangely, Bicester is only 3/4 hr away from home but I hate it. Just not as cosy or something, I don't know.

Not loony at all! We used to do similar and get there as early as possible although it depended on who we had with us (OH's family aren't good at leaving the house on time :roll: ).

Street has changed a lot over the years, it has certainly expanded. I always found that if I went there looking for something specific and had money in my pocket I would never find anything suitable. If I went not wanting anything really and with no money I would find loads of things to buy!! Similar to my experience of TK Maxx actually! :lol:

According to a survey on BBC news, middle age doesn't start until you're 55 so that means I'm still young and can justify the 'mutton dressed up as lamb' top that I boug ht off Joe Brown's. Hurrah! :clap:

I like this very much! I love Joe Brown's but as I'm edging closer to 50 I do worry that those fashions have left me behind! Not any more 8)

I've come to hide upstairs.... :anxious: OH is painting the kitchen ceiling and getting incredibly stressed about it all. The language is erm, colourful :shock: One second he calls me in to tell him where he has missed and the next I'm in trouble for being in there...eek! It's my turn to start painting the walls when he's finished. We've chosen a lime green for one of the walls - no doubt I'll look a bit like Kermit by the time I've finished :mrgreen::lol:

OOps bad mummy alert - ES was on Sykpe and mum was looking over his shoulder (as you do :shameonu: ) and I saw a pic of a guy in huge specs/goggles and said " whose that twit?" except I used a rude word. Needless to say it was one of his mates and he heard me :lol: So I am now banned - I said sorry but giggled hyseterically as you do. Hey ho must be the weather :wink: