Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

Day started off really well but ended up really, really badly. Feel shakily sad. Just writing it down because it helps and I know people on here are nice.

I hope you're having a better day today, so sorry yesterday turned out bad.

My lovely colleague is going through a rough time at the moment and she had a bit of a wobble yesterday. It must be something to do with Mondays. I feel really, really helpless as there's nothing practical I can do to help, so I just try to be as supportive as I can.

Just heard that they have charged the suspect they've been holding in the April Jones case; taking to my boss about it (he's a legal man) he thinks that while they have the right man, they don't have enough on him to prove beyond doubt that he did it, but were running out of time so had to charge him.

I have been dreading this and only hope that they find a body soon so that her parents have some sort of closure, if it can be called that. :( So very, very sad.

Very sad indeed ... I don't think he's been charged though, he was previously arrested "in connection with her disappearance" and is now arrested "for murder" - he and April's parents were at the same school Parents' evening the night April disappeared. Too tragic for words.

Its really sad. There are pink ribbons all around town + posters up in all the cars, houses and shops. We've one on our front door downstairs.

TV crews and vans all over town and around the Police station.

Know people are saying a 5yo shouldn't be out at 7pm but it just feels so safe here, I know Students who leave their front doors open when they go out and it just generally feels very different to some places at home.

I've heard about a woman who may be connected so people are clinging on to her maybe being with her, just hope they find her soon, either way...

Just got a spoof email from paypal saying:

Dear [my email address], you may have noticed there is some restrictions on your account, click this (dodgy) link to lift your restriction.

At the bottom it says:

How do I know this is not a Spoof email? Spoof or ‘phishing’ emails tend to have generic greetings such as "Dear PayPal [my email address]". Emails from PayPal will always address you by your first and last name.

A spoof email that tells you its a spoof email, genius!

I had the same one last week :lol: .

Just had a call from ES. He's fallen while out on a training run with YS and cut his knee really badly. Even he thinks it needs stitches :( . Told him to go to the concierge at YS's halls (where he is just now) and get a taxi to take him to the hospital.

He's only just got over a really badly sprained ankle :roll: .

Just got a spoof email from paypal saying:

Dear [my email address], you may have noticed there is some restrictions on your account, click this (dodgy) link to lift your restriction.

At the bottom it says:

How do I know this is not a Spoof email? Spoof or ‘phishing’ emails tend to have generic greetings such as "Dear PayPal [my email address]". Emails from PayPal will always address you by your first and last name.

A spoof email that tells you its a spoof email, genius!

I had that too Fred... sent to an email account that I don't use for PayPal :roll:

Hope he's OK ANH.

He's fine, thanks :) . They couldn't stitch it as there were too many cuts but he's been sent home with an iodine bandage with instructions to keep it on for 5 days.

On a much more serious note, OH was doing a hill race in the Lakes today and someone died of a heart attack whilst running the race :( . OH didn't know him but a girl from his club did CPR on him but he died on the hill :( .

He's fine, thanks :) . They couldn't stitch it as there were too many cuts but he's been sent home with an iodine bandage with instructions to keep it on for 5 days.

On a much more serious note, OH was doing a hill race in the Lakes today and someone died of a heart attack whilst running the race :( . OH didn't know him but a girl from his club did CPR on him but he died on the hill :( .

Glad your DS is ok.

How sad about the runner, what a shock for those who were close by and for their family.

Chrissie

Had an interesting conversation with a stall holder at a local farmers' market t'other day; The Hairy Bikers appeared a different market where they also have a stall, the HBs were supposed to be chatting to the farmers/stall holders and cooking dishes using produce from the stalls. I am told that their crew arrived early, set up the 'kitchen' set, pre-cooked most of the food (which came out of Sainsburys carrier bags, not from the market :shock: ) the HBs turned up on their bikes, finished off the cooking, did their set to camera, didn't talk to any of the stallholders, then bogged off.

If that's true then I am distinctly unimpressed :notalk:

How about a good news / inspirational story?

The Britcar 24 hour race was held a couple of weeks ago at Silverstone. This ran with 4 classes from GT cars in class 1 to semi production (ie pretty much road-car based) cars in class 4.

One of the teams in class 4 (running a Nissan 370Z) was Mission Motorsport, a team of ex-servicemen, many who have had serious injuries, who are using motorsport to gain new skills and rebuild their lives / confidence. Their "success" is that they've had team members poached to permanent jobs in the motor industry.

None of the drivers had any racing experience a couple of months prior to the race and a 24 hour race is one of the toughest challenges in racing, on drivers, teams, cars and marshals (I had to add that last). One of the drivers has only one leg, one had severe PTSD then had to be rebuilt following a major motor bike accident.

They were running in the top 10 overall when they came across a car which had spun on cold tyres leaving the pits at around 4am. The other car was too badly damaged to continue but Mission refused to give up. Over the next 2 hours they rebuilt their car... canabalising the road car of the team boss who was supporting them... who was in bed asleep at the time.

They finally finished 17th overall (I can't remember where in class), despite also being assaulted by a BMW in the rain in the last couple of hours. The driver with one leg was voted "driver of the weekend".

One of the many articles about the team.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/viewArticle.cfm?articleUID=3EE45064-BC8E-B9A8-10B7AA72543E836A

I believe they are at Nurburgring this weekend.

PJ

Heard a kerfuffle coming from the bathroom whilst I was getting dressed this morning.

Dashed in to find two bad cats and a terrified coal tit :evil:

Managed to rescue the birdy from the cats clutches and dashed downstairs to open the front door to release it.

It was absolutely tipping it down outside and the bird was still traumatised, so had to linger on the doorstep with it sat in the palm of my hand for what seemed like an age... in my t-shirt and pants :oops:

Thank goodness we live in a rural spot and my neighbours were nowhere to be seen.

Birdy flew away and I escaped with my dignity intact :anxious: