Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

My car is always the last one to get changed too, mainly because it's one of those non-intuitive things that I have to look up each time it needs doing :roll:

ANH, since our company joined a larger group, we get regular email missives from the CEO; I went through the last one with a red pen and corrected all the grammatical errors. I was sooo tempted to send it back to him!

1 million good girl points to Tango today. We got back from our afternoon walk, opened the back gate (Tango off the lead) only to find Onyx had flown over the chicken fence and was having unauthorised free range time in the garden. My heart was in my mouth for a second, thankfully Tango must have been as surprised as me as she didn't move. I quickly grabbed hold of her and shoved her through the back door and then went off to capture the escapee and have stern words with her.

Almost exactly a year ago Tango slipped into the garden unsupervised, chewed her way into the chicken pen and killed one of the hens :( I can't tell you how proud I was of her today for not chasing Onyx.

Note to self - make sure the dog is on a lead before coming through the gate in the future. This is not something I would wish to put to the test a second time!

YD went trick or treating with a group of friends last night and some mad old bat of a woman accused them of stealing some money from a milk bottle on her doorstep. She made them all turn out their pockets - fair enough - but she then proceeded to drag my daughter along by the neckline of her clock to the house of her friend and wouldn't let go, even when the parents were trying to get her off! :twisted: Needless to say, YD and friends were upset. Police have been told and came round at 11pm last night and I am currently waiting to hear of any updates. Dog is desperate to go out for walkies, but I can't go anywhere till they phone :(

Shocking - hope she is alright and you get it sorted. We only had 3 lots last night of T and T's. Quietest ever. OH thinks its due to Jimmy Saville thing - who knows. No sensible parent would let young kids out to wander round streets alone. Ran over a pumpkin in the street - squashed to bits :shock: Not sure why it was in the road. Anyway hope your daughter is ok. How old is she? Love ALI

Got a new phone line installed this morning, and it doesn't work :evil:, have to get an engineer out to fix it :evil:

Also got a letter from the council saying my house is council tax exempt until the 30th of December 2099 :lol:

bluekarin - I hope this woman gets a caution or something, why would you leave money outside anyway?! Hasn't she heard of a cheque?! Hope your YD's neck feels better soon!

How do you get one of those letters Fred?!

She is feeling much better thank you. The police have found out who it was - apparently a 77 year old retired teacher! She won't be prosecuted as we didn't want to go down that route. We are going down the restorative justice Local resolution route where the woman will be spoken to very severely about how her actions are not acceptable and how they affected my daughter.

Oh and apparently, she found the money :roll: