Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

The joys of eBay and Amazon selling :evil: I have someone on eBay complaining because their items hasn't arrived - would help if they had provided the right postcode - :roll: They have filed a complaint and my funds have been frozen :shock: Amazon buyer ordered the wrong thing - I have sent them free of charge something to adapt the wrong thing making it the right thing - not a hint of gratitude :evil:

That's folks for you :roll: I have recently had a couple of complicated sales on ebay, when I have gone out of my way to provide information and answer questions. Didn't receive any feedback or confirmation that items had arrived, when I contacted them to ask if it had been delivered OK, I didn't get a reply.

Of course they don't need to let me know or leave feedback, but it would be courteous. :notalk:

:evil: I only sell a few things on eBay, but I hate it when people don't bother to leave feedback - it leaves me wondering if the item arrived (although I guess I'd hear soon enough if it didn't) or if there was something wrong.

I am so pleased - I got a 'Friend Request' on Facebook yesterday from someone I met on my first day at primary school! We discovered that we shared the same birthday (yesterday, as it happens) and were friends throughout our school years. We probably last met up in about 1980, she moved away and my parents moved from where I grew up; her first name and surname are not at all unusual, and I didn't think I'd ever find her again, but she must have searched for my name which is unusual and a bit easier to identify. We are busy catching up on 30-odd years of history. :D

:evil: I only sell a few things on eBay, but I hate it when people don't bother to leave feedback - it leaves me wondering if the item arrived (although I guess I'd hear soon enough if it didn't) or if there was something wrong.

I hate that too. I sold 5 items last week and have had fb on one item. I wish ebay would have a received button, so at least you know it has got to the person ok. One person was new and when I was new to it I wouldn't dream of not leaving fb.

That's lovely Olly. Happy birthday for yesterday too :D

Grumpy teen today :roll: she was late to bed last night and resisted me trying to herd her upstairs, hence woke up in a filthy mood this morning and just grunted and grumped at me. Making allowances for her still feeling a bit poorly, I took her up a bowl of cereal and got ripped off a strip for doing that as she didn't want it. When we got to Stratford, she stropped off in the pouring rain so I left her to it. Poor Lesley was greeted with the barest of replies when we met up. Thank goodness Rosie is spending the rest of the day with her Dad.... I just suspended my life for 2 weeks to nurse her and live in the hospital with her and I've not had even the smallest acknowledgement or thanks. :evil:

Sorry, grump over and normal cheery service resumed. 8)

Kids eh - must be feeling better if grumpy. My 11 yr old I think is hitting puberty - grumpy now - god help us in 2 yrs.

Got some bad news yesterday - my second cousin in her late 70's died. She a bad back thro nursing ( I worry mine will go the same way) and a bad heart. Poor old heart just gave out on her. RIP Joan. I have only just started new job so not sure if I will be able to get to funeral in East Midlands as I'm in London - 300 miles there and back. Will have to see.

You know I never seek to be amazed at people. We live on a main road and this morning a car had over lapped our drive - loads of space. red mist decended - I wrote a polite note " Please do not park over our drive. I have reported you" (I hadnt) and went out to take photo with phone of number plate and evidense when I realised engine was running. no sign of driver in street - when I looked more closely I could see a body in the car with driver seat reclined. OMG I thought "is he dead?" banged on window and eventually he woke up - I said " can you move your car please you are over my drive and I want to get my car out" He nodded mouthed sorry and reversed. What a plonker. Not the first time this has happened - once a couple parked right over drive and were arguing in the road so I asked them to move car. Got a mouthful off this individual so gave her a polite mouthful back as you do and said I was calling police. She got in car mightly quick said something charming to me and drove off. :evil:

Hope you can get to the funeral ok. Perhaps you could stay in a hotel somewhere near.

Parking outside here is a nightmare too. It's the only stretch without double yellows so people park here and walk to the tube. They park both sides of the road right up to the drives so getting in and out can be very difficult. Plus next door has a bus stop which adds to the fun. Our road is a main route for all three emergency services to get places fast so apart from being noisy it can get a bit emotional when stupid people park right opposite each other. To be honest we'd be better off with double yellows because we can't park outside ours

elves anyway but at least it would be clear.

I've bought a hybrid bike for fun and getting around. It's been a while and on the way back from bike shop I nearly caused OH an injury because I was so useless. I kept getting the gears wrong and my feet would fly off in all directions, I was very wobbly and couldn't turn left. OH is fond of talking about it and laughing which might cause him another injury. On Thursday we're going to a safe bike trail where I can practice my biking skills. I need to be more confident and capable before I go on the road again.

Dogmother, I bet that in a way you were glad to have a grumpy teen on your hands. That Rosie has the energy to be cross is oddly comforting. I remember whenever the kids were ill that that the first couple of recovery days were chaotic and difficult. Like pent up energy has to be released which I think is a good sign that the energy was there to be pent up. This is of course all rubbish, just how I explained things to myself.

No, you're quite right PL. She's less grumpy this morning and is supposed to have the weekend with her dad, but is sleeping here and he is picking her up during the day.

A friend left a message on my mobile last night; they have an under-counter freezer that's in very good condition but no longer required, I am going round later to have a look at it. I currently have one in the utility room , which mostly takes the dog meat and bones plus a bit of our food; that one came to us second hand from Freegle about 4 years ago and although it still works fine, the fronts have come off all the drawers :roll:

I am looking to re-model the utility room (can't afford to rebuild it) some time soon and another freezer will come in handy.

Our road has parking up both sides, reducing it to a single lane, we don't have driveways :( The parking empties out first thing in the morning when folks go to work, the the bottom of the road fills back up again with people parking to go to work in the town. There's a college a couple of streets away and we get some cars from that too :roll:

ES has to wear a suit and black tie for school (lower 6th) on Thurs because its Rembrance day. Fair enough - but black tie had grown legs ( as they do and gone into hiding) :evil: The boys room has a built in wardrobe with huge drawers - unsightly but useful. Youve guessed it I pulled drawer out too far and landed on my foot. I squealed loud enough for OH,ES and YS to come up and ES who is 16 and has muscles on top of muscles picked up drawer. Luckily didnt land on toes but the bit towards the ankle. broken skin and is sore but not broken I dont think. Frankly we are a nightmare in this house - OH is on antibiotics for a huge splinter which went under finger nail - GP didnt know what to do - I had a poke round ( as nurses do :shock: ) but left it - suspect it might work its way out or he'll need surgery. A few weeks ago I had an argument with a butternut squash and a knife and they won.

Accident prone - us - never. :wink:

Oh found tie too :D

YS walked his friend to the bus stop on Monday to see him on safely as it was the first time he had been allowed to travel to our house by bus (14). They flagged the bus and the driver looked at them and drove on :twisted: I complained to the bus company and have just received a reply

"I have now identified the driver and will be interviewing the member of staff about the incident, to emphasise to him the importance of keeping a watchful eye for intending passengers. We are in a fortunate position that the bus has CCTV cameras in operation. The buses are fitted with cameras that show the way ahead and also coverage of the doors. Due to the incident we have taken time to remove and review the footage from that bus and it clearly shows your son and his friend signalling for the bus, which makes it very hard to understand why he did not stop. Our driver is reporting to me later today to explain his actions and disciplinary action maybe be taken if necessary.

I am really pleased that they are able to verify that there was no way that he didn't see them. I am not impressed that a bus driver would leave children in the dark intentionally :twisted:

Some bus drivers do seem to take delight in driving past people especially youngsters at bus stops, this has happened to my YD (14 in a couple of days) a couple of times. ED however seems to have pulling power because she once left very late for a bus and was running along the road about 500 yards from the stop and the driver stopped for her on a main road, I still don't know how she did it ( no short skirts were involved) :roll: . She was a regular user of the route so maybe he knew her I don't know.

Well, they have just phoned with an update. The driver who is I am told a 'good' driver, says that he didn't see them because they were in darkish clothing in the dark. :? (the boys said he looked them in the eye but they might be embellishing the story a bit). He was shown the footage which was a apparently very clear 'if you are looking' :? He is apologetic and claims human error. They have advised that they take a torch with them in future to draw attention to themselves (they did have a torch but of course did not or would not think of shining it at the bus to draw attention to themselves for fear of getting into trouble :? ). :think: At least he has been spoken too and hopefully wont do it again. The bus stop is a half mile walk up a rural road to a stop that is unlit on a main road. The bus is hourly so it you miss it you are stuck. Let's hope this driver is more observant of people frantically waving him down in future.

Hm, sounds like someone desperately trying to avoid disciplinary procedures :? . At least your boys were proved to be telling the truth so can take some comfort from that. I can't believe they were told to shine a torch at the bus, surely a bus driver would be more likely to drive on if someone was doing that :? .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've just found a crocus in full flower in my garden :shock: . Do you get winter crocuses :? ?