Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

I wish I could have videoed the cats this morning. Our tabby was lying on the wooden floor in defence mode with her extended back leg resting on our tom cats neck - he then walked round in a circle with her turning on her back Strictly style - classic. Could have made myself £250 if I had sent it to Harry Hill :lol:

Loving life this week :D

Had a long-weekend at home with my Aber friends, went out + then went to the German Markets.

Turned 21 on Tuesday and was overwhelmed by all the love.

Came home at half 4 after going out, woke up at 8 and finished my assignment to hand in for 9... So thats 8/8 assignments done for these last 2 weeks!

Mabel (the pekin who lived with us in Halls 1st year) came up to Aber for the week too :lol:

My room is all packed up, need to pack the car and drive home for Christmas :D

Belated happy birthday Lewis.

It's been a week of highs and lows here. We lost poor Boop but at the same time my brother's sheltie Amber had a litter of puppies. Sadly one was stillborn, and they lost another one, the smallest, yesterday. They are the cutest things, so tiny and helpless, and I hope the remaining three will thrive.

Happy Birthday Lewis

Best wishes with your tiny ones Jennifer Jane

Back from Trier. It was the nicest market I've been to. Very small but very friendly atmosphere and there are lots of Christmassy shops etc around it so still lots to see and do. I did not like Luxembourg city at all. My impression will be of high maintenance women and 'professional' beggars. Begging is getting worse in Europe. Not the poor homeless dog-on-a-rope ones that I have sympathy for but the ones who have homes and schooling and medicine, and that treat it like a job. I'm afraid I find beggars rocking on knees and holding out cupped hands offensive. I didn't see any babies being used as props but a few years ago that used to happen on the tubes and it makes me angry.

I'm hoping our police and councils are allowed to deal with it or it will become commonplace here next year.

Little bit of an unseasonable rant there.

Got an email from the police, saying when my day 2 assessment is, but I have an exam on the same day, so I will have to reschedule it.

Also got a letter from the dermatology department at the hospital (at long last), saying they are going to give me a skin biopsy, but I have an exam on that date too! (typical!)

I hope he feels better soon PL.

Must be the day fro poorly parents; just had my dad on the phone, he's not coping with my mother at the moment (she has dementia) and was wanting to walk out. I have calmed him down, phoned one of the carers to go round today and give him a break. I am an hour and a half away at best and at work, but can whiz down there if needed. My sister doesn't work and is closer but too busy. I think it's sorted now, but he has to face up to getting more care and some respite care sorted.

MS's dreams to join the army have drawn their last breath after six tough years. He's come to terms with it helped by the fact that he has full time, permanent work now which was something else we thought would never happen. He does 12 hour night shifts which I would hate but he loves and is very happy. He just texted though to say he's only doing six hours tonight as apparently the world is coming to an end. I'd forgotten about that, had a lovely day with OH's family so that was nice on the last day.

I've come back from holiday today, and I'm in work tomorrow. That's going to be a shock to my system!

Bella has been in my mum's. she seemed pleased to see me earlier, made lovely happy chicken sounds, the way they do.

I'm really happy to see my lovely cat Tigi, she's been by my side or on my knee all day. Bless her.