Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

I am losing my patience here.... just picked up a sales call at work, asking for someone with a name not known here so I tell them they have the wrong name/company. They repeat the name and I repeat myself. He says 'are you a special person?', me: 'I don't get your drift'; him: 'are you a window licker?', me 'why do you ask?', him: 'because you keep repeating yourself' :evil:

I ask him if his mother knows if he's using her phone to make prank calls.

Eejit!

Been talking to a couple Vets this week, it's still the only job I can think of an really want to do but 5 more years of exams makes me feel sick! :| Wish it was more practical and coursework based

Definitely having a couple of years out to work, save up money and get more experience before applying :)

Been looking at European vet schools today, all UK accredited so can practice over here but are half the cost of UK Uni's. Edinburgh want £23,000 a year?!

Visiting old house today & two children aged around 7/8 were looking at an old phone. The guide said they could dial it as it wasn't connected. Adults stood around smiling encouragingly but the kids just looked bemused. It dawned on everyone that they didn't know how to it was so outdated, so the guide taught them. It was an odd moment really.

Different subject - SIX NATIONS - love it. Good start for England who have a spark.

Does that mean you can have the hounds with you when you are doing outdoors work, or would they be in the way? Would be handy to be able to take them with you! I bet there would be some lovely walks there for them.

I am hoping that (once I have my feet under the desk) I can take the hounds to work with me; there are 'house dogs' and I have the Estate Office. Could take them to walk in the woodland at lunchtime, but better keep them away from the deer park :anxious:

I know the feeling, I was walking in woodland a couple of weekends ago and heard 'Yip yip yip' in the undergrowth, which is generally translated as the deer-chase bark. Thankfully Tango is far too small to get anywhere close to catching one but she can bog off in pursuit for quite some minutes :roll: Like you DM, I have to try and spot them first and get the dog back on lead. Just because she's unlikely to catch one doesn't mean I want her chasing them.

I NEVER go to the supermarket if I can help it, and this evening's quick trip reminded me to avoid it again; full of the dross of the universe as usual :roll: and at the next till a lady was being told off by a store detective as her child had been going around the aisles picking up things, eating them and putting the wrappers back; she got a stern ticking off, a reminder to keep an eye on her brood and she had to pay for everything eaten... let's hope that she learns her lesson.

I think the man in front of us was having a party.... or early valentine's; he spent over £100 on whiskey, gin, beer and Green & Blacks chocolate! :shock: