Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....2

Definitely a good plan! :D Hope your cold isn't too bad and you have a great break :D

Funny sort of day today. Had fun making Valentine's Day themed cakes for the school bake sale (fairy cakes with pink icing and hearts and gingerbread men with little icing hearts on their chests), then OH lost his phone on the train on his way home from work (and is now in a foul mood)....and I just checked my latest pension statement and discovered it is totally wrong and 10 years worth of reckonable service have disappeared :roll:

What a week - Monday went to Gp re the back - have to have an MRI scan. was in there ages - saw a medical student first and then the Gp and long story short got a parking ticket in the surgery car park. To say I was cross would be an understatement - he wouldnt listen to the fact that I had been held up thro no fault of my own. I like a good argument but this guy just eyeballed me so I let him know how I felt in no uncertain terms - note do not cross a woman with back pain you have been warned. I rang the surgery when I go home and asked if I appealed would they back me. The lovely lady said she would speak to Gp and anyway the fee has been waived as I helped surgery out. So some of my faith in society has been renewed.

heavy workload hasnt helped my tiredness or back and had to return stuff today (school bag for ES) there was this right twit in Sportsdirect who held up a whole queue moaning about wanting cash refund. 20 mins later he was still droning on. I now know why I dont work in a shop - I would've had him removed by security. I was fully expecting someone to say something. Not me of course.

Those of you working in shops - I dont know how you do it. Medals all round.

Just watched someone on eBay bid over £170 for a second hand iPhone 4...box :shock: I wonder how long it will take them to realise that they hadn't read the description properly :?

I have done that, thinking I would get a good deal, not seeing it was just a box (it was in small lettering right at the bottom of the page), but when I did, I quickly cancelled my bid.

I checked my email today, and was delighted to find this: "Congratulations, we are delighted to inform you that you have made it through the Metropolitan Police special constable selection process. Subject to security checks, you will be notified of a training start date."

:D

Went to Street again today. I think we go there more than we should. Bought some shoes and tops, chocolate and some body butters from Body Shop. I'm a Streetaholic - I need help. It's odd because I hate shopping normally. Popped into Glastonbury for a stroll around, Hecks Cider Farm for guess what and the supermarket in Somerton which is becoming another peculiar habit.

What a start to weekend - last night had a leak from shower room - ceiling is intact but a mess. this morning up for work and there was this horrendous droning sound - ES was in his bed in downstairs bedroom and it sounded like something in the plumbing line. In fact it was the cat bringing up his breakfast on the top stair. I shot up stairs grabbed cat and ran downstairs with him at arms length so he didnt puke on my skirt or feet. :lol: My son was hysterical with laughter at mum flying past with a cat with its mouth open and making honking noises. I plonked him outside front door. I need a lie down after all that. Quick wipe with dettox and kitchen towel carpet not the cat and some Shake and vac ( I feel a song coming on) and a lot of heaving from me :vom: despite 33 yrs of nursing I dont do sick.

Slightly awkward situation this evening; as some of you know, Rosie does babysitting and child minding for friends, and I have been careful to stress that she's only allowed to babysit on non-school nights, school hols, weekends she is with me (her dad won't let her do it when she's with him) and absolutely not later than 10.30pm. I walk her there and check the arrangements, then ask one of the parents to walk her back to the door when they return. I have also asked that they email me to make the bookings as she's inclined to forget if they text her, or not check it with me.

This evening I walked her down the road and checked the return time .... 11.30pm :shock::shock: now, she's only 14 and I think that's a bit late really, so I said so... not wanting to spoil their evening out :oops: I offered to go down and relieve her at 10.30pm, but am exhausted myself from looking after my mother this week, and had planned an early night. Awkwardly, I had to remind them that I had stipulated the conditions to them on more than one occasion, and also asked several times that they email ME, with bookings rather than texting Rosie. Lovely, lovely people but it would save a lot of embarrassment if they remembered what I'd asked.

One of them is now going to return early - it's only down the road. Hopefully this is enough to help them to remember in future,

Well done Fred :D

Hope things have calmed down a bit at yours Alis girls, my son has been vomiting all day and I'm not sure if I'm coming down with the same bug or if I'm feeling queasy thanks to all his upchucking :? I'm normally ok with vomit...

Dogmother, hopefully they'll remember in future as good, reliable and trustworthy baby sitters are hard to find. Hope Rosie has had a quiet evening with no naughty kids to deal with! I used to babysit for a neighbour's child and he was a total horror!

It seems the vomiting bug may not have passed me by after all.... :vom: ....it has a break of a day in between victims so at least we have 24 hours for one person to recover before the next comes down with it :roll:

I've been having a sort out and giving stuff away on our local freebay site (on Facebook), a little rocking horse has just gone to it's new home. A lovely lady collected for her little boy. I'm always amazed though how many people are rude and don't say please and thank you when they ask for / receive stuff. This site has a first come, first served rule so you can't choose the recipient like on Freegle, sometimes I wish I could!